Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ughhh

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    I really appreciate when people do this, but it makes me feel bad/awkward. I know its not about the money spent, but I really HATE when people spend money on me. It took me forever to stop feeling bad when DH would buy me stuff, even after we were married. And I still sometimes feel bad when he gives me things I don't "need". I would just make it up for his BD since you said its so soon.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I would just let it go. It happens during gift exchanges. You can't ever guess how much the other person is going to spend on you. It's happened to me many times, being on both ends. And I didn't waste a second thinking about it whenever I was the one giving a more expensive gift and I'm sure your friend won't either. Don't overthink it.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    I would just let it go. It happens during gift exchanges. You can't ever guess how much the other person is going to spend on you. It's happened to me many times, being on both ends. And I didn't waste a second thinking about it whenever I was the one giving a more expensive gift and I'm sure your friend won't either. Don't overthink it.
    Totally agree. I also think a thank you note or call would be nice. I see you can get him a birthday gift soon so that's a good opportunity too.
  4. Senior Member
    Was the gift you gave him thoughtful and meaningful? Did it show that you were thinking about him when you bought it? Did he like it? Was it within your budgetary means without being crap from the dollar store? If you answered yes, you don't have to give him anything else, and you don't have to "make it up" next time. GIFTS are not OBLIGATORY. It's not tit-for-tat. Thank him for your gift and let it be.
  5. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    I would still send a thank you note. I dont know when or why that fell out of fashion, but I always try to send one when someone gives me something.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
    Was the gift you gave him thoughtful and meaningful? Did it show that you were thinking about him when you bought it? Did he like it? Was it within your budgetary means without being crap from the dollar store? If you answered yes, you don't have to give him anything else, and you don't have to "make it up" next time. GIFTS are not OBLIGATORY. It's not tit-for-tat. Thank him for your gift and let it be.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12