Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: make a life decision for me, please?

1. Senior Member

make a life decision for me, please?

Advertisements
    Ok so it's not a huge decision, but I am sooo bad at 1. using my time wisely (especially with DH now home) and 2. I'm horrible at making what I like to call "gray area decisions," where neither decision is right or wrong... and therefore I don't know how to pick between them

K, so couple things. Due to extenuating circumstances I got an extension for a large, final paper for one of my classes, due by New Years. DH has all next week off. We are staying local for Christmas, going to my parent's for Christmas eve and Christmas. Anyways, theres not a lot to do around here... but we do have one fun day trip planned to do. Question is when to do it... DH was feeling kind of sick a few days ago, and so it was kind of seeming like this weekend was shot, and I'd just work on my paper. But then yesterday he's feeling insanely better, and I am up early today and so of course feeling like I want to go out with my husband...

Should I do the day trip with my hubby today, and work on my paper after Christmas? Or work on my paper this weekend and not go anywhere, and do our day trip after Christmas? Sunday there are already obligations so I'm only able to work on my paper in the evening, MOnday preparing to go to my parent's... yeah. Guess the only reason why I'm feeling the pull today is because I don't have to wait And i'm sad when I have to ignore my husband, especially now that he's feeling way better. But then we really don't have anything to do after Christmas Because this is a boring town...

k, so make this gray area decision for me, please Which is a better decision?
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Do the paper today so it isnt hanging over you for the next week. Once its done, its done and you can really enjoy the holidays.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Do the paper today so it isnt hanging over you for the next week. Once its done, its done and you can really enjoy the holidays.
    yeah, that would be another reason as well. Especially since I kept telling myself I'd at least somewhat work on it this week, and ended up not because I'm lazy and only had mental energy for finals, and I already feel guilty and "behind" from not writing anything this week. Maybe he'll wake up feeling sick again and that'll make it easier
  4. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    Do your paper today. There is always going to be some reason to put it off.Better to just not embrace any of them.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would just get the paper over with. Save your day trip for after Christmas.

If you do it today, you'll have motivation to work on it efficiently so you and your husband can do something fun this evening (or something to that effect). If he wasn't feeling well last night anyway, maybe he would appreciate having this morning/afternoon to relax.
  6. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    Yes, I would get the paper done, then do the day trip after Christmas.
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran