Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCSing with a miniature human

1. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

PCSing with a miniature human

Advertisements
    Thread number 19484720429737 from me since I found out I'm actually for reals pregnant I know. I just have a lot of feelings and questions

First bit of info....DH reenlisted and is supposed to go to AIT for his new MOS from May to August.
    I'm due to have a person like 2 days before DH finishes AIT. Which means a PCS like two days after giving birth assuming I go on time and not late or early. So, basically...I would have to move potentially half way across the country 2 days postpartum with a small, fragile human.

So, I don't know what to do.
    I am terrified at the prospect of having to move that soon after giving birth but I can't stay at Fort Sill for a few weeks either because we will have to give up our house. I can't go home to have the baby because I have nowhere to really stay there.

What is the experience everyone here has with this stuff?

I seriously wish DH had not reenlisted. I could be just giving birth in RI and we could have our own apartment and my only issue would be not having health care.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Request a delayed PCS-- we were set to PCS ON my due date and they gave us two options: leaving 6 weeks early or leaving 3 months late. We took the 6 weeks early, but I'm sure that doesn't work for your DH since he has to finish school lol.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I have no personal experience with this, but I bet some ladies on here do and will offer great advice.

All I can offer is my BFF moved from VA to TX within 2 weeks of having her baby. She said it was actually easy, because babies sleep all the time at that age. Now, take "easy" with a grain of salt from her. She's a yogi, and totally chill all the time, so I feel like nothing phases her. But she did say it's easier than an older baby. The only thing is newborns feed every two hours, so it might take a while to travel, with all those stops.

I hope you have an easy labor and recovery. I'd be most concerned about you being in a car that much if you are trying to recover.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    No advice but the thread title cracked me up
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

i guess i'd just see what could be done! maybe you can go early or go a little later. You may still be in the hospital at that time frame ya know? You could go past your EDD or you could go way before- just dont know so i guess id tell DH to start asking and see what the options are!

PCSing with a newborn was pretty easy IMO. Ansley slept the whole time (we didnt go past 5hr days of driving) pretty much!
  6. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Who does DH even talk to about this stuff? He was going to go to retention to cancel his class date and just become needs of the army but that could end up causing even more probelms

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Personally would just move early and schedule the movers for the soonest date open once he receives orders. But I think he can tack leave onto his psc travel days after gradation giving you more time to move after the birth. 8 months to save up 16 days plus whatever he has on the books already plus x number of travel days would probably giver you 20-30 days of leave.

Add* I don't think they will kick you out of housing since you set the move out date with them don't you? You collect that post's bah until you check-in to the new one so no skin off their nose.
  8. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Well, I can't move before the end of AIT...I'm gonna be almost ready to pop by the time he gets orders and doctors generally prohibit travel in the 3rd trimester, don't they? Unless he gets his orders very early on, like first week of AIT.

If he could take leave and stay with me for a while after the birth, I'd be happy to move once I'm at least two weeks postpartum, but would we be allowed to keep our house after he finishes AIT if he has leave? Or would we have to clear out of Fort Sill on post housing and just enjoy being homeless while he's on leave?

9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Whether or not they prohibit travel almost entirely depends on the pregnancy. If you are high risk, chances are not.. if you are low/no risk then they probably won't prohibit. The real 'harm' in pcsing before delivering is finding a decent doctor.

Do you live in base housing, or renting?

If renting, why would you HAVE to give it up right away?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Double post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast