Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Claiming warranties without a receipt at WalMart

1. Senior Member

Claiming warranties without a receipt at WalMart

Advertisements

So after DB came home for Christmas Exodus last year, I bought an electric blanket. I know I bought it sometime in January at Wal-Mart. The thing has stopped working It's 18 degrees here right now and my house is really drafty . Perfect timing, right?

Sunbeam has a five year warranty on this item but I don't have my receipt. Has anyone out there had luck returning something to wal-mart under warranty without the proof of purchase? I know it's a stretch but these things aren't cheap and I'm frugal.

Subquestion: If it's a resounding 'no' and WalMart doesn't honor it, where should I get one next? Does anywhere have an awesome return policy without a receipt I should know about?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you put it on your credit card, they should be able to pull it up on their system, if you have the card with you.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    Generally with stuff like that, you deal with the company that made the item, not the store from which you bought it. I'd contact Sunbeam (have the item # ready, and a serial number if you can find it).
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    If you put it on your credit card, they should be able to pull it up on their system, if you have the card with you.
    I just switched banks
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Generally with stuff like that, you deal with the company that made the item, not the store from which you bought it. I'd contact Sunbeam (have the item # ready, and a serial number if you can find it).
    Their website is saying contact the store you bought it from Maybe I'll contact sunbeam anyway!