Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Recruiters Assist

1. Junior Member

Recruiters Assist

Advertisements
    Anyone or their SOs done it? My husband is flying back to the states to do it in Jan at ASU .. and I'm coming with him He will be taking extra leave too to visit family in the east coast (we'll be taking a hop to BWI)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzyn View Post
    Anyone or their SOs done it? My husband is flying back to the states to do it in Jan at ASU .. and I'm coming with him He will be taking extra leave too to visit family in the east coast (we'll be taking a hop to BWI)
    Best advice I can offer is to remember that he is on "working" leave - not fun leave - during the days he is on RA. DH spent four years out here as a recruiter and had lots of "his" kids come out for RA - he expected to get his "money's worth" out of them during the days they were working for him, but he was also fair in that if they were productive he cut them the same slack he cut the recruiters that worked for him at his station. He was very "made mission/gone fishin'". Your SO may work early/late hours, long days, etc.
  3. Junior Member
    Oh yea I know the hours could be crazy etc We'll be staying with friends so I'll be able to catch up and do things with them while he works It'll be a vacation for me! hehehehe

4. Senior Member

My DH had a very different than Ziva's. He was off work by noon or 1 every day.

5. Senior Member
    DH did it. Mostly they'd send em all to the mall to recruit people in uniform then they were done. DH hated it, seemed like they just didn't feel like dealing with the RA so they'd just send em away all day.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post
    DH did it. Mostly they'd send em all to the mall to recruit people in uniform then they were done. DH hated it, seemed like they just didn't feel like dealing with the RA so they'd just send em away all day.
    That's sad - DH enjoyed having his RAs and they can be such a great tool. My previous post may have painted a negative picture of the experience they had out here. His RAs "long hours" often consisted attending sporting events, special community events, festivals etc - they can also be a great POC to use in the local schools if that is the school they came from because they still have that presence there and are more approachable/familiar than the recruiters themselves. We actually had a Marine that worked for DH at his previous duty station come out here to do RA for DH the first year we were here and he had such a good time he put in for his next billet to be here at the RS (though not as a canvasser) My response came from a place of the many girlfriends, moms, etc that had assumed their service member was going to be home for an "extra" 10 days and had planned all sorts of things to do during the time they were on RA and then were upset/angry/disappointed when the service member had to work those days.
  7. Junior Member
    They seem really excited to have him coming over which is nice! They even said they'd set up some events specifically for him!! He commissioned at ASU in 2012 so the same commander is there so he's been organizing it with him. One of his 'jobs' as a cadet was as a flight commander of recruiting. He actually enjoyed it so I think he'll do well He's using it as time to speak to the cadre there too as he is interested in becoming an ROTC instructor at some point in his career

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Mine is right now . He gets off pretty early as well.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey