Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Question About Leave :)

1. Senior Member

Another Question About Leave :)

Advertisements
    Hi Ladies..

So I have a question about “Leave”. My BF was stationed in Fort Benning, GA. Came back in October for a month and from here(Texas) he went to his next duty station in South Korea. He just left a month ago. Does he get leave or does he get some time off to come back to the states? Ive read previous posts and I know some of you have mentioned he gets 30 days. Im just confused… lol do they get a month off before they send them off to a new duty station? I know theres a chance he wont come back at all till next yr (hes doing a yr in South Korea and from there will be stationed here at Ft.Bliss).
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    short answer.. no.

He will get travel time which will allow him to get from Korea to Ft Bliss.

If he wants to take leave after he leaves Korea and before he reports to Bliss he can request it, but he isn't guaranteed to get it.

He gets 30 days of leave a year to use however he wants, as long as it is approved. Korea isn't like a deployment where they get leave upon returning, its just a PCS.

Whether or not he gets his leave approved no one can tell you for sure yes or no.. I will say, it'll take the whole year to get him back to 30 days of leave. A lot also depends on his report date for Bliss.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Banned
    Banned
    they do not get the 30 days of R and R leave because korea is a PCS not a deployment.
    if he wants to take leave he will have to use his accrued leave and pay for the flights or try to use Space A.
  4. Member
    He gets mid tour leave, it's up to 30 days but not all commands allow them to take that full amount. He has to pay for the ticket or try space a and whatever leave he takes is counted against him (it's not free leave). Hope this helps, my husband is in Korea right now too
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    short answer.. no.

He will get travel time which will allow him to get from Korea to Ft Bliss.

If he wants to take leave after he leaves Korea and before he reports to Bliss he can request it, but he isn't guaranteed to get it.

He gets 30 days of leave a year to use however he wants, as long as it is approved. Korea isn't like a deployment where they get leave upon returning, its just a PCS.

Whether or not he gets his leave approved no one can tell you for sure yes or no.. I will say, it'll take the whole year to get him back to 30 days of leave. A lot also depends on his report date for Bliss.
    Yeah he used his 30 days when he came back from Fort Benning.
  6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    just like the others said. He doesn't get R&R because its not a deployment. If he decides to come home mid tour (Which he may not get approved for) its all out of pocket/spaceA and counts against his leave.

But, based on him being gone a month already, he likely has no leave to take, or rather not enough for a trip home mid-tour... so, he won't get his 30 days again until the end of the tour. And again, he isn't guaranteed leave, he is guaranteed X amount of days to get from Korea to Bliss (Which is probably less than 5).. anything beyond that he has to request for and get approved BEFORE he leaves Korea.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Senior Member
    just like the others said. He doesn't get R&R because its not a deployment. If he decides to come home mid tour (Which he may not get approved for) its all out of pocket/spaceA and counts against his leave.

But, based on him being gone a month already, he likely has no leave to take, or rather not enough for a trip home mid-tour... so, he won't get his 30 days again until the end of the tour. And again, he isn't guaranteed leave, he is guaranteed X amount of days to get from Korea to Bliss (Which is probably less than 5).. anything beyond that he has to request for and get approved BEFORE he leaves Korea.
    Thanks! I kinda figured he wouldnt be able to come back until he actually does his yr over there and then comes back home. Plus, it doesnt seem worth it to pay for so much and only get approved for a few days. He told me he wouldnt take time off or days off when he was in GA so he could get a full month at home.
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    are you near Ft Bliss yourself?

Again, there is no guarantee he'll get leave when he returns. All depends on his report date. He also has a date in which he cannot out process of Korea.

For example. His DEROS date (date he can leave Korea) is 15 Nov 2014. His RNLTD (report date to Bliss) is 25 Nov 2014... This will give him almost no time to get home to visit, except maybe a few days. Those two dates will often determine if/when he can take leave upon returning.

9. Senior Member
    are you near Ft Bliss yourself?

Again, there is no guarantee he'll get leave when he returns. All depends on his report date. He also has a date in which he cannot out process of Korea.

For example. His DEROS date (date he can leave Korea) is 15 Nov 2014. His RNLTD (report date to Bliss) is 25 Nov 2014... This will give him almost no time to get home to visit, except maybe a few days. Those two dates will often determine if/when he can take leave upon returning.
    Oh yeah.. Im in El Paso which is where Ft. Bliss is at. It's about 20 min away from where I live
  10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by adnama10 View Post
    Oh yeah.. Im in El Paso which is where Ft. Bliss is at. It's about 20 min away from where I live
    Ah, ok.. so then leave really isn't an issue.. per se..
    Its not like he'll need 30 days to see you all then cart off to somewhere else..

Like if you were in Dallas, that's like a days drive practically to get from DAllas to El Paso... lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast