Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: problems with leave :( no idea whats going on

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Confused problems with leave :( no idea whats going on

Advertisements
    DF is doing a 1 year tour in korea. Awhile back he told me he wasnt going to be able to take a mid-tour because his leave was messed up. Well were having some planning issues because of this now and i had some questions. It says that hes tecnically -29 days in the hole with leave. He said they never stopped his leave when he left the US and got to Korea. I was wondering if anyone has delt with this before and how quickly can this be resolved?

Can he even ask for leave if its showing that hes that far in the hole?

2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    what do you mean 'never stopped his leave'?
    Was he on leave from last duty station (or tech school) until he arrived in Korea?

How long has he been in Korea?
    was he in the hole before going to Korea?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Banned
    Banned
    How the heck can he be in the hole 29 DAYS?? That's just insane!
  4. Senior Member
    Didn't another MSOS member have an issue like this recently? ioverton maybe? That's seems bonkers, OP. Something has to be wrong.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    it is possible that when he checked in from leave they did not stop his leave right away, causing him to go in the hole.
    but if he has been there 6 months why has he not addressed the issue?
    it would have been an easy fix- all he needs to do it show when he arrived and checked in off from leave. they can go back and fix the leave days.
    it should only take a month to update the system.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    it is possible that when he checked in from leave they did not stop his leave right away, causing him to go in the hole.
    it would have been an easy fix- all he needs to do it show when he arrived and checked in off from leave. they can go back and fix the leave days.
    This. But really, he needs to be better at checking his LESes, especially after a move, or taking leave, or a chance in pay. That's his responsibility and prevents problems like this from getting so bad and becoming so difficult to manage.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah he was on leave before he left to korea right after tech school. We had a HUGE issue when he got to korea because someone had sent his mother a message telling her he didnt arrive in korea when he had already been there for a couple days so idk if that could be part of the problem. He went to get it fixed he said it had something to do with his travel voucher? but they processed it and it didnt fix it. They told him it should of been fixed when he turned in his voucher but it still wasnt fixed??? i have no idea whats going on with it. && hes currently working 12's && hes on a sleep schedule so he doesnt always have time to go and make sure they fix it. but idk whats going on

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Katayoun View Post
    Didn't another MSOS member have an issue like this recently? ioverton maybe? That's seems bonkers, OP. Something has to be wrong.
    Yes, and in the course of her thread it was worked out to where it made perfect sense due to him having taken extended leave fresh out of school (before having accrued sufficient leave to cover it) and having possibly not been credited for 10 days of uncharged leave due to being on Recruiter Assistance -- once all the facts were in it made absolute sense that he had the negative balance he did.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    This. But really, he needs to be better at checking his LESes, especially after a move, or taking leave, or a chance in pay. That's his responsibility and prevents problems like this from getting so bad and becoming so difficult to manage.
    and
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    well, if he checked in correctly at the orderly room, then its the orderly rooms 'fault' for not marking him there as they should. Not sure why they'd send his mother a message, unless her # was on his leave paperwork. Basically, when he checked into the orderly room, they (and he) should've marked him back from leave.

I agree with others that he should've been looking at his LES sooner to catch it. It is fixable (based on what was said here), he just needs to go down and get it fixed.

He needs to go to his shirt and let his shirt know that he has things he needs to take care of during the day when the offices are open. The shirt needs to give him time during his shift to take care of it. If he shirt won't give him the time, then he needs to go to the next person up from the shirt. Being on 12 hours shifts is an excuse. They have to either give him a day off during the week to take care of it or give him time during his shift.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    well, if he checked in correctly at the orderly room, then its the orderly rooms 'fault' for not marking him there as they should. Not sure why they'd send his mother a message, unless her # was on his leave paperwork. Basically, when he checked into the orderly room, they (and he) should've marked him back from leave.

I agree with others that he should've been looking at his LES sooner to catch it. It is fixable (based on what was said here), he just needs to go down and get it fixed.

He needs to go to his shirt and let his shirt know that he has things he needs to take care of during the day when the offices are open. The shirt needs to give him time during his shift to take care of it. If he shirt won't give him the time, then he needs to go to the next person up from the shirt. Being on 12 hours shifts is an excuse. They have to either give him a day off during the week to take care of it or give him time during his shift.
    Unless he's working 12s 5 days a week, he has time to handle it. Also, the fact that apparently he let this go for such a long time (someone said he's been there 6 months, but I don't see that in the OP so I don't know if it's accurate) but that now he's asking the command to handle it like an emergency might cause him to get a bit of heat. They should still give him the time he needs, but they may not be thrilled with it.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast