Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Navy women: questions, help!

1. Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Blog Entries

Navy women: questions, help!

Advertisements
    My DB graduates in 3 weeks from boot camp, and I'm going with his parents to stay at a hotel for his graduation that weekend. I'm not able to go to the ACTUAL graduation, because unfortunately he only gets 4 guests, and his parents are divorced, so the 4 people are his stepdad, mom, stepmom, and dad, which I completely understand. So I'm fine with just being able to see him afterward.

I was just wondering how exactly this is going to work. Because I read online I won't be allowed in the drill hall, so am I not allowed on the premises at all? Am I going to have to wait at the hotel until it's over? And is he even going to be allowed to leave the premises after the graduation, or does the family have to spend the whole day with them just there (because I also read he gets the rest of the day to spend with his family)?

HELP ME CLEAR THIS UP, PLEASE
  2. Senior Member

Unfortunately, yes. You'll have to wait at the hotel. But yes, he will be able to leave base for the afternoon (and possibly weekend if his A school is in Great Lakes)

3. Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. You'll have to wait at the hotel. But yes, he will be able to leave base for the afternoon (and possibly weekend if his A school is in Great Lakes)
    Did you actually go to the graduation, or did you have to wait, too? I figured I wouldn't, but I wanted to make sure I was at least going to be able to see him! That'd suck to be so close, but so far
  4. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

You won't be allowed at the hall where they have the graduation because of capacity reasons. After it is over though he *should* be able to leave base or you can go on base with his parents and hang out with him. Of the three days he will have to stay on base for whichever one is his duty day. He will be able to go wherever on base when he isn't standing watch but he won't be able to leave base. He also will have a curfew each night where he has to be back on base and in his ship/barracks by a certain time. The two best divisions for pass and review generally get an extra hour added to curfew.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    When DB graduated if there was extra space in the hall, they would let extra gueats in. I don't know if they still do this tjough. The rtc website should have this information. He can leave the base after the graduation ceremony so you will get to see him. If he is grad and go he'll only have that one day. If he's staying at great lakes he'll have liberty all weekend but have to go back to base to sleep. Hope that helps.
  6. Senior Member

Also, PIR is now LiveStreamed online.

7. Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Blog Entries
    Thanks so much! This did help a lot I do know he's leaving the next morning at 2am for school. I just wanted to make sure I'd see him. Are there "assigned seats" in the hall? Because one of DB and I's friends from home who is also graduating that same day may have an empty guest space, and he said if he does he'd let DB's mom know in a letter so that I can have that space, but I wouldn't want to sit with that guys' parents.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by samrealtalk View Post
    Thanks so much! This did help a lot I do know he's leaving the next morning at 2am for school. I just wanted to make sure I'd see him. Are there "assigned seats" in the hall? Because one of DB and I's friends from home who is also graduating that same day may have an empty guest space, and he said if he does he'd let DB's mom know in a letter so that I can have that space, but I wouldn't want to sit with that guys' parents.
    Nope it's free seating. Once your name's on the list you get in and sit where you want. They have all the division numbers indicated in front the bleachers so that you know where to sit to get the best view of your sailor.
  9. Proud Princess of a United States Sailor <3
    Blog Entries
    Oh! Great Thank you!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If there is extra room you can get in. They allow for 4 spots for each recruit but not all of them use them so there can be extra spots. If not, then no you will not be allowed on base. Not sure how they do things not but when DH was a RDC they would check everyone's cars and then you had to park in the designated parking lot, check in, and then walk into the drill hall. You didn't just drive onto base and walk into the drill hall. But that was before they opened the new drill hall. If he is getting family time then he will be allowed off base. He will just need to be back by a certain time. It was around 8. Not sure if that is what it is now.