Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: um... sex?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

um... sex?

Advertisements
    I don't know if this is the right forum, and I am pretty bashful about this but I'm just going to come right out and ask...

The man I am dating is a 24-year veteran of the army (Special Forces) and sex with him is prolific and amazing. The best I've ever had, in fact.

But here's my question: He does have PTSD - 100% disabled with PTSD by the VA - and in most of the reading I have done, these soldiers tend to have trouble with intimacy, erections, etc. especially after transitioning home from war. But my sweetheart does NOT have any problems in this department whatsoever. If anything, he seems horny all the time! To the point where I am wondering if I should be worried. Perhaps he has a sex addiction... or.... I don't know. It seems like healthy sex, but he is just so potent, and I am NOT used to that. I mean, I LOVE it, but I have never experienced this before.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Should I be concerned?
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Personally, if it isn't causing an issue in your relationship (ie he isn't doesn't have multiple partners, addictions etc) and you two are both enjoying it I wouldn't worry about it. I would just enjoy enjoying one another and not read into it.

Not everyone with PTSD is going to respond the same or have the same issues or guidelines, it just isn't something that can be generalized so I don't think it should really be even considered a factor. Don't lump his PTSD into every situation and make it a factor if it really isn't one that in the long run will do more harm that good. I think you are stressing yourself out over nothing. He likes sex. You like sex. You two have great sex. Roll with it.
  3. Senior Member
    Don't go making problems where there aren't any? If he's happy and your happy, keep on keeping on.
  4. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

I don't see a problem. Good sex, he's not cheating, and he's not pressuring you? I think you're good to go!

5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Well, I am making an assumption here based off your avatar pictures..... you three who responded so far look like young beautiful women. Under 40- I'm pretty sure!

But a man's sexual peak is in his 20' and into 30's - if he's lucky. My guy is well into his 40's so it surprises the hell out of me that his libido is so strong (and I'm no spring chicken!)

I'd be interested in hearing from a SO over the age of 40.......
  6. Senior Member
    Even taking age into account I still think if it isn't broken don't try to fix it.
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

It actually isn't THAT unusual to have men in their 40s, 50s that are still very sexually vivacious. Hell my dad has had 5 of his 8 kids in his 40s. Well statistically the peak may average in ones upper 20s or early 30s according to a likely skewed Gallup Poll, more men "come into their own" in many ways and have steady sex drives at an older age as their testosterone levels and health level out. Really age isn't a factor in a healthy sex drive as much as health is.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post
    It actually isn't THAT unusual to have men in their 40s, 50s that are still very sexually vivacious. Hell my dad has had 5 of his 8 kids in his 40s. Well statistically the peak may average in ones upper 20s or early 30s according to a likely skewed Gallup Poll, more men "come into their own" in many ways and have steady sex drives at an older age as their testosterone levels and health level out. Really age isn't a factor in a healthy sex drive as much as health is.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I've had sex with men in their 40s... Yeah. They def don't all have issues like you're getting at, lol. I've dated younger men who have issues that you're describing (twenties to thirties). It just depends on the guy I think it depends a lot on their health overall too, like if he was special forces Army for 20 plus years, I'm assuming he's still in pretty good shape.
  10. Senior Member
    Maybe he just really likes sex! Oldest guy I slept with was 28 so I can't compare notes.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast