Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help! Advice when you SOS leaves of Basic Training

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help! Advice when you SOS leaves of Basic Training

Advertisements
    Hi Everyone!
    I am new to this whole Military world. My boyfriend left for basic training about a week ago and I am so devastated. I knew it was coming and I thought I was emotionally prepared for the change but I wasn't. We were already in a long distance relationship being because I moved away for college in August. I can not stop crying, and thinking about how I will not be able to see him until Christmas. I have already started writing letters, however I haven't received the address yet. He said that he would call me with the address and I was to tell his mom and so on. How long does it take? I am so proud of him. we have such a strong bond together however, I just feel so empty not being able to communicate with him. I know, I know I am a wreck! lol. I just need some help. I know there is someone going through the same thing, don't worry girl we can cry together!. But Seriously, are there any tips anyone can give me to help me out because I have never felt so sad and emotional and stressed in my entire life! Not even the homework in college does this to me! Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate this military community. It makes me feel like I am not alone.
  2. Senior Member
    first off . I would recommend making a post in the newbies section and telling us a little about yourself.
    The only advice I really have is to stay busy. It really does make a difference. And write plenty of letters. It isn't going to last forever, so hang in there!!

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Ok I will! If only I can get that address! lol. Thank you! I am trying to stay busy but I can't stop thinking about it
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shondajohnson View Post
    Okay I will! And Thanks. If only I can get that address! Lol. I am trying to keep busy but I can't stop thinking about it.
    I know the feeling. Once you get into a routine it gets easier, atleast I think it does. If you ever need anything feel free to message me.

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Hello & welcome! DH leaves January 14th for basic & I am gettiing weaker by the day. I freak out for a minute & then I tell myself. you can do this!! So YOU CAN DO THIS!! We are all here for support
  6. Regular Member
    It seems hard now but you get into a pattern and you get used to it. Once you get the address it gets easier. I wrote a letter every day.
    Remember, you can do this!
  7. Senior Member
    It seems so hard now, but to me, there is NOTHING in this world like the excitement you get when you get to see them afterwards. Going to DH basic graduation was such a rush! I am sure you have heard it a MILLION times but keep busy. If I hadn't been working at the time I would have went crazy. On the plus side, Christmas isnt too far away. So just keep your head up. And write those letters. I would try to write one every day, just to tell DH what I would normally tell him about my day. It was part of my bedtime routine. And as hard as it can be, try to stay positive. I firmly believe attitude is 90% of the battle. If you let it eat you alive, it will. If you stay positive and fight back the negativity, you and your DB (and prolly everyone around you) will be much happier in the long run. Good luck girl!