Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Boyfriend Just Got Stationed In Another Country! :(

1. Senior Member

Shocked My Boyfriend Just Got Stationed In Another Country! :(

Advertisements
    Hello ladies

I am new to this forum (posted a thread in the newbie section already). I am also new to dating a military man (well serious type relationship).We’ve been in a LDR for most of our relationship sadly because he was stationed in another state. (The communication sucked at times but I know he did his best to communicate with me. In his final months he was training new soldiers, training out in the field for about 1 mth, taking classes) it was just hectic for him. He came back for a month before he left and we did get to spend time together. My BF recently left to Korea (got stationed over there for 1yr).How long does it usually take for them to get settled in to their new barracks and what not. I havent heard from him yet (he left on Monday night last wk). Anyone know the process? Just curious. Some other forums told me it could take about a week or so for paperwork/processing not to mention adjusting to his new home, the jet lag and adjusting to the new time zone he's in. I am in contact with his best friend who hasn’t heard from him yet either. He never talked about work with me (and I don’t drill him with questions) so I dont know how it works :/

Sorry for all the questions! Lol Im new to this and it does take some getting used to!
  2. Senior Member
    I honestly can't help because DB has only ever deployed to Afghan. But I would give it at least a week. If you ever need to talk feel free to message me.

3. Senior Member
    When my DF was stationed in Italy I heard from him in about 3 days. That was only due to him finding a place on post with free wifi. It may take longer for him to get settled. I believe korea is like 14hrs ahead of me and I'm in the eastern timezone. I know its difficult but try to keep yourself busy, it will help.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would assume you'd hear from him right away but I also have never dealt with my DH having to do that. I have had friends over there that left from our previous base then went to Korea and it seems like they were on the internet fairly quickly but I could be wrong.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Right there with ya DF is currently stationed in Germany. It took him just a couple of days to get settled and have internet and whatnot (he contacted me the very next day). It may take longer for different places though .

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks ladies just worried. His thing is he sleeps a lot. He told me his "higher ups" trained him to sleep whenever he could especially since he's spent a lot of time training out on the field n sometimes wouldnt sleep.So now in his free time, he sleeps a lot (I don't even know if its normal). I imagine the jet lag and time change is probably affecting him
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by adnama10 View Post
    Thanks ladies just worried. His thing is he sleeps a lot. He told me his "higher ups" trained him to sleep whenever he could especially since he's spent a lot of time training out on the field n sometimes wouldnt sleep.So now in his free time, he sleeps a lot (I don't even know if its normal). I imagine the jet lag and time change is probably affecting him
    It has been a week yes? My imo that is plenty of time to get over jet lag. I may be wrong though.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  8. Senior Member
    Well he left Monday night of last week around 10:00pm. So I guess tonight is officially a week. I know for a fact, he sleeps a lot n not lil cat naps like 6-10 hr nap type
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adnama10 View Post
    I would think in a weeks time he could take five minutes to call or email you. Hopefully you hear from him soon.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by *Kayla* View Post
    I would think in a weeks time he could take five minutes to call or email you. Hopefully you hear from him soon.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast