Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Money orders.... HELP!

1. I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    Blog Entries

Money orders.... HELP!

Advertisements
    Do you know if you can get a copy of the receipt of it at the bank? I can't find mine anywhere!

I always pay my rent with a money order. And these responsible individuals are now claiming they never received my rent for this month. Even though I handed the damn thing personally to them vs. just doing it through the drop box like I usually do.

I'm seriously so pissed and they want us out in two days. I'm not paying another 600 for their mistake.

2. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Yes you should be able to get a copy. It should also show up in your transaction history if you use/have online banking.

ETA: Your bank is also able to see if the MO has been reconciled (cashed) and when.
  3. I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    I like to think of jesus as a michevious badger
    Blog Entries
    Awesome! Thanks
  4. Senior Member
    Wait a min...you don't have your stub part of it? Without some sort of identifying info they may not be able to get proof for you. The reason for the stub is so that if you have to get proof of it being cashed, the bank or post office or wherever the MO was purchased can tell what one to look for.
  5. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Wait a min...you don't have your stub part of it? Without some sort of identifying info they may not be able to get proof for you. The reason for the stub is so that if you have to get proof of it being cashed, the bank or post office or wherever the MO was purchased can tell what one to look for.
    The stub part is helpful to bring in to the bank because the full MO number is on them, making it easier to find. But as long as OP knows what date she purchased it and/or the amount of the MO, it's not hard at all to go into her transaction history and find the check by searching. I do it all the time for people.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by augusta View Post
    The stub part is helpful to bring in to the bank because the full MO number is on them, making it easier to find. But as long as OP knows what date she purchased it and/or the amount of the MO, it's not hard at all to go into her transaction history and find the check by searching. I do it all the time for people.
    Cool, that is a new one for me. It has been years since I have bought one.