Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need help accessing NTS.. time sensitive...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Need help accessing NTS.. time sensitive...

Advertisements
    Hi All!

A few years ago we put all our extra things into Non Temporary Storage. Recently I have decided to head back to school, but discovered that all of my academic papers and writing samples were packed in NTS. Does anyone know how I would go about gaining access to our storage? How does this work and where do I even start? The deadline for my grad school application is fast approaching and it's all hinging on my ability to submit some previous academic papers. I'd love any tips to point me in the right direction.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Start by calling the company that moved everything, or the office on the base that arranged the move.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Banned
    Banned
    unfortunately you cannot "access" NTS in parts. you have to get full delivery of the entire storage.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeasitis View Post
    Hi All!

A few years ago we put all our extra things into Non Temporary Storage. Recently I have decided to head back to school, but discovered that all of my academic papers and writing samples were packed in NTS. Does anyone know how I would go about gaining access to our storage? How does this work and where do I even start? The deadline for my grad school application is fast approaching and it's all hinging on my ability to submit some previous academic papers. I'd love any tips to point me in the right direction.
    You said it was a few years ago that you had it placed in NTS. Is your Dh (I'm assuming here) still in a status to have your things remain in NTS status?

As gunsgirl said, I don't recall hearing any situation where you can access NTS shipments. That is the reason they ask for you to carefully consider what you put into NTS and if it is something that you may even remotely need, to keep it with you and not to send it to NTS. Do you possibly have any of those papers on a CD or an old computer hard drive or a paper copy elsewhere? If not you will need to ask for the shipment to be delivered but my understanding is once that is done you can't have it picked up and returned to NTS status unless you have new orders. But you can always talk to JPPSO and see if there are any regulations that have been changed.

Here is something I found posted from one of the JPPSO offices, but you can double check with your local office:

https://www.belvoir.army.mil/jppsoma/text/pstorage.html
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE