Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gear at away games?

1. Senior Member

gear at away games?

Advertisements
    this was not even something I gave two thoughts about until some things people have said to me have me a wee bit concerned... and now I don't know how serious it is exactly how bad is it to wear your team's gear at an away game for professional sports? More so on the safety side... if the teams aren't bitter rivals is that generally ok? I don't want to get attacked by drunk people of the home team... someone informed me that I probably shouldn't. I guess I more or less don't mind if i'd be like heckled good naturedly (though I generally don't like to stand out like that... ) but I don't want to be like violently confronted. How crazy do people get about that? I watch on tv but don't get to go to games especially now that I don't live in my hometown anymore so I really don't know how that is received, they're playing the team where I am now so thought it'd be fun to go. Yay I can wear my shirt! oh, but some people have cautioned me and now it has me thinking I shouldn't How concerned should I be, in all seriousness? Is it not a good idea? Wisdom from seasoned game goers of any professional sport...
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Don't talk shit and you won't be confronted. Have you ever been to a sporting event? Everyone wears their teams jersey, home and away.

life's a party, rock your body
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    Don't talk shit and you won't be confronted. Have you ever been to a sporting event? Everyone wears their teams jersey, home and away.
    no, never an away game. And it's been forever since I've been to any game. Can't remember. It's made me start to wonder if i'd be the only one and like mobbed I wish there were sides like in high school so I could sit with "friends" other than the 2 people i'm going with
  4. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by alice04 View Post
    no, never an away game. And it's been forever since I've been to any game. Can't remember. It's made me start to wonder if i'd be the only one and like mobbed
    Definitely not. Unless you go to a soccer game in Argentina, then maybe.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    Definitely not. Unless you go to a soccer game in Argentina, then maybe.
    this seriously makes me feel a bit better. Though if I am the only one in my section, would cheering be not so great an idea? I know you said "don't talk shit" but it'd be pretty noticeable when everyone else is bummed and I've yelled "YEAH!!" I'm not really a rowdy person but i'm gonna get excited when we score... will everyone boo me when I do??? I'm trying to prepare myself... my friend has me all worried I feel like these types of things are more acceptable in football, but sadly that's not where i'm going.
  6. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by alice04 View Post
    this seriously makes me feel a bit better. Though if I am the only one in my section, would cheering be not so great an idea? I know you said "don't talk shit" but it'd be pretty noticeable when everyone else is bummed and I've yelled "YEAH!!" I'm not really a rowdy person but i'm gonna get excited when we score... will everyone boo me when I do??? I'm trying to prepare myself... my friend has me all worried I feel like these types of things are more acceptable in football, but sadly that's not where i'm going.
    I highly doubt it! It's what makes it fun!!!

7. Free!
    Free!
    I don't see anything wrong with it. I find it weird when people wear colors of a team that is not involved in the game though.
  8. Senior Member
    It's not a big deal as long as you don't talk shit and it's probably not a good idea to sit among the fans of the home team. You'll get heckled more for that. I know my dad has done that since we get good seats from a friend who gets season tickets and he has had cups and peanuts thrown at him for sitting on a side where it's completely home team fans.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." -John Milton
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beth2527 View Post
    It's not a big deal as long as you don't talk shit and it's probably not a good idea to sit among the fans of the home team. You'll get heckled more for that. I know my dad has done that since we get good seats from a friend who gets season tickets and he has had cups and peanuts thrown at him for sitting on a side where it's completely home team fans.
    wait... so there are sides in professional sports?! I already have my tickets and have no clue what "side" they are on Now i'm stressed again How do you know which side is away and which is home?! there was no indication of it. I don't want peanuts thrown at me
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Listen to Jenny. She wears Notre Dame shirts to Utah games just to stir up trouble!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast