Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I need....something?

1. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.

I need....something?

Advertisements
    I keep periodically slipping in to some kind of depression that's really making it difficult to function. Like right now it is taking everything in me to not go to sleep and instead try to get my homework done, and the only thing keeping me downstairs is that I don't want to disappoint DH. And now that I think about it, these depressed feelings might be linked to PMSing, but its only been this severe for the last few of my monthly cycles.

Couple questions:

This feels so freakin' stupid to ask, but do I go to bed or stay up and try to get homework done? I really feel like I can't function or concentrate. I'm in a fog. I look through the assignments that need to get done tonight and just think "Damn, that looks hard. I should go to bed and sleep for forever." My grades can handle it but I would feel like I'm really disappointing DH for some reason.

Is this something I should go to the Dr about? Or an MFLAC counselor? I don't even know if they could help me.

I hate feeling like this. I'm normally such a positive person that feeling like this makes me feel like I'm falling apart. And I feel like a failure that I can't do normal things like homework. But, especially after just watching Brene Brown talk about vulnerability and shame, I've got to get this out there.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Senior Member
    I would seek your doctor's advice...this can be debilitating...I absolutely KNOW how you feel. Hugs!

Visit My Fitness Like Page for fitness tips and inspiration and Visit My New Fitness Blog
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We all get in a funk sometimes. You should listen to what your body is telling you. If there are any other symptoms I would say check in with the doctor just to be on the safe side. If it feels like tonight is simply particularly bad, I would do what you felt you must/can and put off the other things until you're better suited to the task. If homework requires a little too much of you tonight, maybe tomorrow morning you would be able to knock some out it out after getting some rest.

I know that when I have those type of days, whatever I bother doing halfway because of my mood ends up having to be redone anyways. Hopefully you'll be feeling more like your normal self soon
  4. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Have you considered PMDD?

5. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by KissTheRain View Post
    I would seek your doctor's advice...this can be debilitating...I absolutely KNOW how you feel. Hugs!
    I wanted to make an appointment tomorrow for an issue unrelated to my depression, but now this just solidifies that I need to see a Dr. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ccann3 View Post
    We all get in a funk sometimes. You should listen to what your body is telling you. If there are any other symptoms I would say check in with the doctor just to be on the safe side. If it feels like tonight is simply particularly bad, I would do what you felt you must/can and put off the other things until you're better suited to the task. If homework requires a little too much of you tonight, maybe tomorrow morning you would be able to knock some out it out after getting some rest.

I know that when I have those type of days, whatever I bother doing halfway because of my mood ends up having to be redone anyways. Hopefully you'll be feeling more like your normal self soon
    Thank you for the advice and encouragement.
    I went through something like this last month before my period that lasted for about a week. At the time it just seemed situational but is becoming too much of a pattern for my comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    Have you considered PMDD?
    I actually looked it up and it fits, except its pretty rare and only affects 3-8% of women.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. Regular Member
    my sister has PMDD & has been on medication for a few years. she used to just sit in the corner of the room around that time of the month & cry. she didn't want to talk to her husband or kids at all. she couldnt focus.
    she's great now on meds. DEF seek medical help. good luck.
  7. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by justjess View Post
    my sister has PMDD & has been on medication for a few years. she used to just sit in the corner of the room around that time of the month & cry. she didn't want to talk to her husband or kids at all. she couldnt focus.
    she's great now on meds. DEF seek medical help. good luck.
    Thank you for sharing. I can't keep doing this, its hurting me, my grades and DH. I've been being pretty awful to him all day. I'm just going to make a Dr appointment tomorrow and hopefully get some help.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson