Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Ungodly?

1. Almost done with college! !
    Almost done with college! !
    Blog Entries

Ungodly?

Advertisements
    So my parents were discussing a couple I know who are unmarried and living together. They said it was against the bible and they were commiting a sin in God's eyes. That living together before marriage is not only giving the milk before the cow but also sin. I was curious from some ppl on here what your stance is.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have no issue with it
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I think that premarital sex is a sin. IMO, it's not keeping the marriage bed pure. Has nothing to do with the man not wanting the woman anymore afterwards-- it's all about spiritual purity and obeying God's Word to me.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Not only do I not have a problem with it, I think people should live together if they can before marriage. I've seen so many people get married, move in together, have issues related to living together, then get divorced it's ridiculous. So I am pro living together before marriage.
  5. Senior Member
    Times have changed drastically throughout the years. My grandparents generation is mostly against living with a SO without being married. (My gparents are deceased, but made my parents/aunts/uncles lives hell over this subject) In my opinion, it is kind of crazy NOT to live with someone prior to marriage now a days. There is so much to learn about someone, and living with them is a great way to work out all the kinks before making a lifelong commitment. Had I lived with my exdh prior to marriage, I can say with 100% certainty, we would not have married. Divorce rates are statistically high, and it is far less taboo than it was 20-50 years ago.
  6. Almost done with college! !
    Almost done with college! !
    Blog Entries
    My stepdad is against my cousin moving into her and her fiancees townhouse even if she's moving in alone and because they made a purchase on it together before they're married. I'm torn cause I don't want to disappoint my parents but at the same time I'm tired of saying goodbye to DB. And he's really the only one with the same habits as me that I could stand to live with.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I did it. I do think technically it's a sin, but i'm not a very religious person so I haven't read where it says that or whatever it says that people interpret to mean that. I also don't have an issue with people that think it's wrong. With that being said most of the people *I* know who feel that way that aren't elderly are also people who sin quite frequently, just in different ways,so I pretty much have just come to the conclusion that those particular people are hypocritical jackasses. Kind of like the people who spout off how awful gay marriage is and that it will ruin the sanctity of marriage when they are on their 4th heterosexual marriage or are cheating on their spouses.
  8. Senior Member
    I don't give half a shit with consenting adults do WRT their living arrangements. Then again, I don't believe in the bible's teachings or its God, so the "sin" element couldn't be less relevant to me.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. Senior Member
    I used to think it was wrong, but I'm pretty sure if I ever find the guy I want to marry, I will live with him before marriage. Hopefully we can at least wait until we are engaged. I don't want to be someone who lives with every guy I date. To me, it's still a pretty special thing, and I want to be sure that we intend on spending our lives together before I make that move.
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  10. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    I lived with exDB. My parents had no problem with it. I am one of those who believe it is important to live with someone before marriage, so you can figure out how they work.
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast