Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Photographer Advice

1. Regular Member

Wedding Photographer Advice

Advertisements
    Might be posted in the wrong section if so please just let me know

We had out wedding in May and had a contract with the photographer and videographer(husband/wife team) They told us we would get the cds with picture by the end of Sept. We have had two issues since the wedding and I've taken them in stride. First off her computer crashed with the edits on them so she had to restart the editing, I understand it happens and in the contract it says that if it happens the time would not be pushed back. Well a week before the end of Sept she had a family member pass away, I understand it happens and told her to go to the funeral and just mail the pictures when she gets a chance. She messages me today that she has only done 1/2 of them and they won't be available for awhile. She has since posted on her facebook multiple sessions she has had, I know they are smaller than a wedding but shouldn't you put the priority on the big pictures? What am I supposed to do, it's in the contract to get them by a certain time and I won't get them. Any advice is appreciated!
  2. Senior Member
    You can contact them again, you can talk to a lawyer or you can take them to small claims court.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. Senior Member
    I would send an email along these lines.

"I got your email today and was disappointed to read that the pictures will not be ready as was dictated in our contract and in fact will be even later than they already are. Unfortunately, that is not an acceptable outcome for me, especially given that you still are not offering a firm date for completion and that you have already blown through the agreed upon deadline. Our contract dictates that they will be ready by Sept. 30. You've already missed that deadline, and now you continue to push the date that you will meet your obligations further and further out. I have tried to be patient and understanding, and I have been, up to this point. Now, however, your delays are no longer acceptable.

You are currently in breech of the contract. However, I will be satisfied if I have all of the agreed deliverables no later than Oct. 31. If you can not meet that deadline, then we will need to discuss how this will be handled. I would be satisfied with a reduction of 5% of the total agreed costs of services for each week (7 days) after October 31 that I do not have my completed deliverables. If that is not acceptable to you, I suggest you find a way to finish the work before the end of October, during the grace period I am offering.

Please let me know when to expect my completed, edited photos and CDs, based on these new terms I am offering you in the spirit of compromise. Thank you."
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I would send an email along these lines.

"I got your email today and was disappointed to read that the pictures will not be ready as was dictated in our contract and in fact will be even later than they already are. Unfortunately, that is not an acceptable outcome for me, especially given that you still are not offering a firm date for completion and that you have already blown through the agreed upon deadline. Our contract dictates that they will be ready by Sept. 30. You've already missed that deadline, and now you continue to push the date that you will meet your obligations further and further out. I have tried to be patient and understanding, and I have been, up to this point. Now, however, your delays are no longer acceptable.

You are currently in breech of the contract. However, I will be satisfied if I have all of the agreed deliverables no later than Oct. 31. If you can not meet that deadline, then we will need to discuss how this will be handled. I would be satisfied with a reduction of 5% of the total agreed costs of services for each week (7 days) after October 31 that I do not have my completed deliverables. If that is not acceptable to you, I suggest you find a way to finish the work before the end of October, during the grace period I am offering.

Please let me know when to expect my completed, edited photos and CDs, based on these new terms I am offering you in the spirit of compromise. Thank you."

Villanelle said it perfectly id just copy and paste her post into an email haha
  5. Senior Member
    Yep. Agree with Villanelle.

My agreement is coming from the other side (photography business side) even.
  6. Senior Member
    Did you pay her in full already for everything?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Blondie* View Post

Villanelle said it perfectly id just copy and paste her post into an email haha
  8. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I'm sorry, in nearly 5 months she's only finished editing half of the photos? That's completely unacceptable (coming from a photographers end of it). I would definitely C&P what villa said.

9. Regular Member
    Yeah we had to pay in full on the wedding day
  10. Senior Member
    Eek! Never, ever pay in full. Too late now for this, but that's a good lesson to learn. You now have no leverage. Still, it can't hurt to try. I'd still send my email above, but ask for a 5% refund for each week. There's pretty much a snowball's chance in hell that you'd ever get it though.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast