Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Should I worry about my soldier not talking to me again ? Please help...

  1. Fresh Newbie
    xopreciousn9's Avatar
    xopreciousn9 is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12
    #1

    Shocked Should I worry about my soldier not talking to me again ? Please help...

    Advertisements
    So my soldier and I have been dating for a little over 2 months, until he went to Basic Training not to long along, before he left he had told me that he hopes to see me when he comes back, and he wants to definitely keep in touch while he is away. However I haven't heard from him since he's left, no letter, no call, nothing. It's been about 3 months. He had always told me not get a boyfriend, or he hopes that I won't have a boyfriend by the time he comes back. Before he left he would take me out every weekend, and would call me literally everyday for hours a day , I really want to wait for him and believe that we will be official but I am starting to lose hope, should I worry about it ? since he would mention me getting a boyfriend and forgetting about him a lot, I figured he is just insecure ? But idk what to think anymore. Any insight would help
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ol' Grey Mare's Avatar
    Ol' Grey Mare is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,646
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by xopreciousn9 View Post
    So my soldier and I have been dating for a little over 2 months, until he went to Basic Training not to long along, before he left he had told me that he hopes to see me when he comes back, and he wants to definitely keep in touch while he is away. However I haven't heard from him since he's left, no letter, no call, nothing. It's been about 3 months. He had always told me not get a boyfriend, or he hopes that I won't have a boyfriend by the time he comes back. Before he left he would take me out every weekend, and would call me literally everyday for hours a day , I really want to wait for him and believe that we will be official but I am starting to lose hope, should I worry about it ? since he would mention me getting a boyfriend and forgetting about him a lot, I figured he is just insecure ? But idk what to think anymore. Any insight would help
    A little clarification might help - were you dating for two months before he left for basic? Are you saying it has been three months since he left for basic?
  3. Fresh Newbie
    xopreciousn9's Avatar
    xopreciousn9 is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12
    #3
    We were dating for two months before he left to Basic Training. And yes it has been 3 months since he's been at Basic.
  4. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by xopreciousn9 View Post
    So my soldier and I have been dating for a little over 2 months, until he went to Basic Training not to long along, before he left he had told me that he hopes to see me when he comes back, and he wants to definitely keep in touch while he is away. However I haven't heard from him since he's left, no letter, no call, nothing. It's been about 3 months. He had always told me not get a boyfriend, or he hopes that I won't have a boyfriend by the time he comes back. Before he left he would take me out every weekend, and would call me literally everyday for hours a day , I really want to wait for him and believe that we will be official but I am starting to lose hope, should I worry about it ? since he would mention me getting a boyfriend and forgetting about him a lot, I figured he is just insecure ? But idk what to think anymore. Any insight would help
    How long have you been an official couple? If he is your boyfriend why would he think you would get a boyfriend before he comes home?

    But if he is recently into boot camp and than AIT/tech school (whatever branch he is), than he is probably too busy with school to worry about calling you. In boot camp they have little if any time and in tech school there is more time but often they are very busy. OR he could have moved on.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ol' Grey Mare's Avatar
    Ol' Grey Mare is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,646
    #5
    So you are saying you have had absolutely no contact from him in three months?
  6. Fresh Newbie
    xopreciousn9's Avatar
    xopreciousn9 is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12
    #6
    Southern-Queen ; We were not exclusive, we were just getting to know each other and going on dates and became really close. He is starting AIT in this month or next month I believe,

    ZivaD: I havent had any communication at all with him for three months
  7. Senior Member
    alice04's Avatar
    alice04 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,408
    #7
    hmmm that's definitely a red flag to me. How long is basic again? I didn't "go through" that with my hubby. Is it 6 weeks? That's a little over a month there accounted for. But those additional two months... I would think that he would have been able to contact you at least once in that time. Have you tried getting in contact with him? Emailing or anything?
  8. Fresh Newbie
    xopreciousn9's Avatar
    xopreciousn9 is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12
    #8
    Well I don't have any of his information to contact him , and his training was about 10 weeks I believe.
  9. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by xopreciousn9 View Post
    Southern-Queen ; We were not exclusive, we were just getting to know each other and going on dates and became really close. He is starting AIT in this month or next month I believe,

    ZivaD: I havent had any communication at all with him for three months
    OK well if he has been gone for 3 months he should be in AIT already since basic is I believe 10 weeks.

    But *I* would say if a guy is interested in me, and has my address (because like I said calling is limited) and I don't hear from him in 3 months.....buh bye.

    Especially if we are not even a couple.
  10. Senior Member
    alice04's Avatar
    alice04 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,408
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by xopreciousn9 View Post
    Well I don't have any of his information to contact him , and his training was about 10 weeks I believe.
    how did you contact him before though... ? Didn't you have a cell number at least? I'm pretty sure he gets his phone back as soon as basic graduation takes place. Send him a text.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •