Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What would you say?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

What would you say?

Advertisements
    My friend and I share a birthday so we planned on going out together with a big group of people from our crossfit gym. We've been trying to decide where to go and she said she really wants to go the this country bar because she likes line dancing a lot. I personally, hate that place. They allow smoking inside so I have a really hard time breathing due to my asthma and the drinks are kind of overpriced. How can I kindly say that I would rather not go there? It's kind of hard because another friend of ours had a bday there last week which I went to. They rented out a room so the smoking problem wasn't a big deal, but I can't afford to do that. So how would you approach this?

I Eelizah
  2. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Say "I have a really hard time breathing there because the smoking irritates my asthma. Is there anywhere else you'd like to go instead?"

If she says yes and names a good, smoke free place say "Awesome! I can't wait!"

If she says no then say "Oh, well, I'll probably have to bow out of this one. I'll stop by for you to celebrate your birthday and later we can have a smoke free celebration for my party!"

3. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Can you hit up two places in one night? Go there for part of the night and then go somewhere else for the other half?

life's a party, rock your body
  4. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I'd just say that you'd prefer not to be around as much smoke and offer an alternate suggestion.
    I hope it works out for you both!!

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Since you were recently there you could mention that you noticed then how smoky it can get and you'd really rather not go there because of your asthma.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Well I replied to her explaining about my asthma and suggesting some other places, but she hasn't replied. I hope she isn't upset.

I Eelizah