Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seems like we can't win

1. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.

Seems like we can't win

Advertisements
    So DH and I are finally at the end the tour conversion process and I should be in Japan anytime this month most likely within the next 2-3 weeks. We're just waiting on one more piece of paper and then he can accept the orders. Sounds great except last night he got news that he's going on a deployment training thing for a few months come mid November. He's going to miss Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years..possibly even Valentine's Day but I'm not really concerned with that holiday anyways.

I'm really torn on if I want to move there and live with him for a month and then say goodbye for 1-3 (the timeline is really not set in stone yet), or do I want to wait until he's back and then move out there. I know we'll have 60 days from accepting the orders for me to move out there, but the career planner said he could wait to accept them until he's back from this so it wouldn't really matter.

I'm not sure if I'm really just venting, trying to 'talk' out loud to figure this out, or looking for advice so give me whatever ya got I suppose. Even some hugs and good vibes would be much appreciated at this point. I was so excited to just live together finally and not having to worry about saying goodbye/see ya later for awhile, and now this has to come up especially at this time when it's all the holidays and spending them alone would be really lonely. I swear we cannot win!

2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I would still go!

life's a party, rock your body
  3. Senior Member
    For me it would depend where in Japan.
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I'd go. It'll give you a month to be with him but then also those 1-3 months to get yourself acquainted with the new environment, make friends, ect.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    For me it would depend where in Japan.
    We'll be at MCAS Iwakuni. Which is on the Southern mainland.

6. Moderator

I would definitely go.
  7. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I'd go for sure
  8. Senior Member
    Two I'd go, I absolutely LOVED Japan and I'd give anything to be there again so I must live through you
  9. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.
    Thanks everyone!

DH and I talked and I'm definitely going to be going as soon as we get word that I can.

Worst case he's gone for 3 months and we celebrate the holidays a little late. Best case is he doesn't go because with the tour conversion he might go back to station instead of the DET (aka the unit that can deploy vs cant) and so yeah no use in concerning myself about something that might not even happen.

10. Senior Member
    I was in a similar situation. I could have moved right away, spend 3-4 days with DH and then have him go underway for 6 weeks or wait. I decided to go right away and i'm glad I did. It gave time to set-up house and get to know the area, although alone. Waiting longer to move just seemed to keep me in a limbo, I was anxious to get my "new life" started.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast