Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: HELP before I shave my head.... UPDATE #6

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

HELP before I shave my head.... UPDATE #6

Advertisements
    Update in Post 6

I'm watching my boss' dogs this weekend, and we're having a crazy thunderstorm... so I stayed extra and sat on the floor with the dogs so they could feel comfortable. One of the dogs was laying between me, and this overstuffed armchair (so I don't think I touched it).

Anyway, I was there for about 45 minutes.

As I'm getting up to leave (b/c the storm subsided), I filled the waterbowl and noticed on the side by the kitchen sink was a container of LICE Shampoo. My boss has a 13 yr old son, so its completely possible that he caught it at school.

Now I'm feeling my head itch and wanting to set my hair on fire or cut it off or use the dog's shampoo... HELP!!!!! What are the chances I got anything?! More importantly, wtf do I do about it?
    Last edited by sweetvanity; 09-28-2013 at 10:51 PM.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    If you are really worried, go get some lice shampoo and follow the directions. I've also read that you can smother your hair in Mayo and let it sit for a while and it will kill them. Get someone to look through your hair for eggs in a couple days. If you have them you need to get the shampoo and do it again and then have someone go through your hair looking for eggs. The eggs have to be removed or they will hatch.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  3. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Yeah, will have my husband check in a few days. I was just reading that the likelihood of catching lice from casual contact with things like furniture was actually pretty rare. And they're apparently not like fleas (i.e. jumpers) so that makes me feel a little better. (Not entirely, but a little better).

www.SnarkyFit.com
  4. Senior Member
    Yeah they are shared mostly from sharing items. Brush/comb, hats, pillows etc.
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I vote for shaving your head anyway.

life's a party, rock your body
  6. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Update: So I finally texted my boss and was like, "hey sorry to bother you... but saw the Nix bottle on your kitchen counter when I went to feed the dogs... just wondering if it possibly came from a client and if we have to treat the office?" (I thought about the social worker here --I forget whom exactly-- who got lice from a client/work thing-- and given some of the clients we see-- it's totally possible)

Anyway... it took forever for her to get back to me. So I went and bought the stupid shampoo. Was just starting the comb-through process when she texted and said, No. It was b/c of her son coming into loose contact with someone who was later determined to have it, and she basically freaked too.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjennyy View Post
    I vote for shaving your head anyway.
    And here I thought we were friends...

Its taking me so long to grow out my hair to its current length from the disaster that was the salon in Pensacola in 2010.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  7. Senior Member
    I'd shave my head. Then again I'm a guy and my head is already shaved...
  8. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh! this post totally made my day! I literally LOL.
  9. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    dude when i worked at summer camp i basically washed my head with that stuff every other day JUST IN CASE there is nothing in the world that freaks me out more than lice. i would do the treatment anyway. i'm sure your boss is a totally responsible person but i have seen it happen sooooo many times where a parent doesn't want to admit their kid has it because they think it makes them seem dirty or like a bad parent.
    lice are like the STDs of children... it would be fine if people would talk about it openly and treat it wisely but no one will