Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marine Birthday Ball Dress?

1. Regular Member

Marine Birthday Ball Dress?

Advertisements
    I've decided to go dress shopping with my mom (because when she doesn't like something, she straight up tells me). Anyways, it was a lot harder than I thought. I'm definitely not a dress shopping/wearing girl so when I do dress up, it's only for important occasions. Well my mom found a dress and at first I didn't like it because I thought it was TOO much, but after wearing it for a while it didn't look too bad... My main concern is that it'll be TOO much for the marine birthday ball.
    I've never been to the birthday ball and the only other pretty formal thing I attended was my prom (like 4-5 years ago)...
    So I would like to have your opinions about the dress... Please be honest with me.. I don't want to end up going there and embarrassing my man.
    Thank you!

Front
    http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps8db7e719.jpg
    http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps3f344fef.jpg

Side
    http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps84b0629a.jpg

Back
    http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps3e263da9.jpg

So I went back to check out other dresses and I found another lovely one.. I think I may end up wearing this one instead: http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...psa26e2ab6.jpg
    what do you think?
    Last edited by schung8; 10-04-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Uploaded new picture of new dress
  2. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    The dress is GORGEOUS but, for me, too much for the ball. I mean, if you don't care I would still wear it anyway, but just remember that the night is about them so you don't want your dress to overshadow them. I don't think you'll really embarrass him in it. You'll probably get tons of compliments with the occassional "why is she wearing that" but honestly all that matters is that your boobs & ass are hidden and you and your significant other are happy.

be cool.
  3. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Just wanted to reiterate... that dress... soooo gorgeous.
    I'd buy it and wear it around the house if anything

be cool.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I actually don't think it's to much! I really love it! I love that it is red I think that is perfect for his dress uniform. I like the design. It's different from the typical plain or sparkly dresses out there. I think it's different which is great. What I would consider TO MUCH would be a big huge poofy dress.
  5. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I don't think it's too much! It's different and I love it!!

6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Kaepernick View Post
    I actually don't think it's to much! I really love it! I love that it is red I think that is perfect for his dress uniform. I like the design. It's different from the typical plain or sparkly dresses out there. I think it's different which is great. What I would consider TO MUCH would be a big huge poofy dress.
    yeah, I love the red!!! I'm not a big fan of the sparkly dresses either... The employee was picking out a bunch of dresses with sparkles and gems all over... I was like, "eh, I don't really like those" but the employee was saying how a plain one would be too plain... hehe, I don't like poofy dresses either... XP this one's a little poofy, but it isn't as bad as one I tried on before.

it's funny, I'm not much of a dress person, but when it comes to picking one, i'm super picky...
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
    Just wanted to reiterate... that dress... soooo gorgeous.
    I'd buy it and wear it around the house if anything
    hahaha, yeah. my mom was joking and saying, "hey, you can always wear it at home on a day when you don't feel pretty"
    I cracked up so bad when she said it... XP

by the way, the picture of your baby is soooo adorable!
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    I don't think it's too much! It's different and I love it!!
    aw, thanks!
  9. Regular Member
    For me personally, I wouldn't wear it just because I don't like feather stuff haha, but it looks great on you, and I think it will be great at the ball.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Never been to a ball, so I cannot attest to whether or not its 'too much'... But I really wouldn't care! I say wear it (because I would)! Its beautiful, elegant, not revealing and different from a lot of the formal dresses 'out there'.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast