Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Vacuum Help!

1. Senior Member

Vacuum Help!

Advertisements
    I can troubleshoot a lot of things but have no experience with vacuum cleaners!

The filter filled up so I took it apart and emptied it. Put it back together and started vacuuming. The next thing I know the power just cuts out! I checked the outlet and the cord was still plugged in. Checked the breaker and its working. Tried a different outlet, still no luck. Took the filter back off and reinstalled. What the heck else could be wrong?! Probably something super obvious that I'm not thinking of and DW would have the answer right away, but she doesn't come back for another month.

It's a Eureka Multicyclonic with a Hepa Filter... Whatever that means. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hit it! I'm no help Good Luck though!
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Are the outlets working with other things? maybe you need to flip a breaker switch.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Was the outlet a gfi type? If so, maybe it was tripped at the outlet?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Senior Member
    All of the outlets are working with other electronics so far. I wonder if maybe there is a fuse in the vacuum somewhere.
  6. Senior Member
    Wtf?! It just started working out of nowhere!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterLex View Post
    Wtf?! It just started working out of nowhere!
    It's possessed
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    It's possessed
    Omg funny you should say that because I'm starting to think this apartment is haunted!

Yesterday I was napping but woke to the sound of my phone. It makes a lightsaber noise when I get a message. Anyway, my room was dark and I was laying on my back. When I opened my eyes I could have sworn an enormous spider was coming down from the ceiling on its web right at my face!

I jumped out of bed and screamed like a little girl. Then I tried to turn on the lights to find out if it was really there but the light burnt out!!! So then I had to search for this giant spider on my bed with a flashlight! It was like a horror movie and I never found the spider so who knows if it's in my room hiding somewhere.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterLex View Post
    Omg funny you should say that because I'm starting to think this apartment is haunted!

Yesterday I was napping but woke to the sound of my phone. It makes a lightsaber noise when I get a message. Anyway, my room was dark and I was laying on my back. When I opened my eyes I could have sworn an enormous spider was coming down from the ceiling on its web right at my face!

I jumped out of bed and screamed like a little girl. Then I tried to turn on the lights to find out if it was really there but the light burnt out!!! So then I had to search for this giant spider on my bed with a flashlight! It was like a horror movie and I never found the spider so who knows if it's in my room hiding somewhere.

I would legit never sleep well in that apartment ever again! When I first moved into my apartment in Hawaii my oh so loving cat brought me a roach in my bed... A live roach... I woke up with nightmares about it until we left!