Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good hard decision making news

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Bang Head Good hard decision making news

Advertisements
    Okay so today was my second day my new job. One of the customers was a commanding chief in the AF. I told him my husband was going in the AF and i tried to get in but didnt get the waiver I needed for my eyes. He shook his head at me and when I told him my recruiters name he shook his head again. The next time i went over to the table he handed me his card and was like heres my card call me I think I can do something about this to get you in. After 2 months of having to be okay with not getting into the AF and DH getting in Im shocked that this has happened. I dont know what to do now. Should I call him and try to get in and maybe not be stationed with DH or should I just let it be and just be with DH wherever he is stationed and have kids like we planned.Right now im not on birth control and we are trying to have kids and we really want them but on the other hand the military is what ive always wanted to do. Im just so confused on what to do now.
  2. Senior Member
    He's just going to 'get you in' because you were his server at dinner? Please don't take this as rudeness, but I just don't see that happening. If your eyesight is what is keeping you out, how would he bypass that?

I just don't quite understand how that would work. What rank was he?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    Did you try and get a waiver? I don't know how those work so I don't know if the recruiter or something/someone higher has say say in if a waiver is granted. If it is the recruiter and he is a bad one go see another. If it is someone else I would let it go because good recruiter or bad, it isn't them who denied your waiver.

If I was you, and don't know this person personally *I* would not contact him.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    He's just going to 'get you in' because you were his server at dinner? Please don't take this as rudeness, but I just don't see that happening. If your eyesight is what is keeping you out, how would he bypass that?

I just don't quite understand how that would work. What rank was he?
    I am assuming he was either a chief msgt or a commanding officer. All of which *I* don't know how he could get her in, but stranger things have happened.
    Banned
    This is one of those situations where I don't believe the internet can tell you what to do. Joining the military as you've said is a huge life changer that for you would mean rearranging your current life plan. Yes we can give advice but this is ultimately something you need to talk your DH about and decide on individually and as a family.

For what it's worth I'd call the guy simply because I'd always wonder what could of happened if I didn't.
  6. Senior Member
    I don't think "commanding chief" is a thing.

If you still want to join, talk it over with your DH and then give him a call. It can't hurt, but I wouldn't hold out much hope that this guy can get you a waiver where your recruiter failed. Unless your recruiter just didn't apply for it, there is very little reason you'd get a different answer.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Banned
    Banned
    he cannot "get you in" what he can do is make sure the waiver is properly sent to MEPS, if a waiver is possible.

if your eye sight is not correctable to a specific degree you will not get a waiver regardless of who you talk to.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFwifebane View Post
    Okay so today was my second day my new job. One of the customers was a commanding chief in the AF. I told him my husband was going in the AF and i tried to get in but didnt get the waiver I needed for my eyes. He shook his head at me and when I told him my recruiters name he shook his head again. The next time i went over to the table he handed me his card and was like heres my card call me I think I can do something about this to get you in. After 2 months of having to be okay with not getting into the AF and DH getting in Im shocked that this has happened. I dont know what to do now. Should I call him and try to get in and maybe not be stationed with DH or should I just let it be and just be with DH wherever he is stationed and have kids like we planned.Right now im not on birth control and we are trying to have kids and we really want them but on the other hand the military is what ive always wanted to do. Im just so confused on what to do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    he cannot "get you in" what he can do is make sure the waiver is properly sent to MEPS, if a waiver is possible.

if your eye sight is not correctable to a specific degree you will not get a waiver regardless of who you talk to.
    - also, is "Commanding Chief" even a thing in the AF??? Anyone?
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Chief Master Sergeant maybe? Or does AF have warrant officers?

I don't think there's any harm in contacting him OP but I do think you should give your DH a heads up about what happened and your intentions.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    - also, is "Commanding Chief" even a thing in the AF??? Anyone?

That's what I brought up as well. No, I don't believe it is. Commanding officer, maybe? Though I have my doubts about whether any CO would have handled this like the OP says, including saying that he thinks he can do something to get her in. He might have said he'd take look at her waiver app and help her resubmit if there were any issues. Maybe.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast