Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Don't Know How To Approach This :/

1. Senior Member

Don't Know How To Approach This :/

Advertisements
    I have no idea how to even go about this or if I should have just told my sister no from the beginning

My sister is the US distributor for HubriHound which is a canine joint supplement. It really is an amazing product. She started her dog on it when she started having a lot of joint problems and it has completely transformed her dog...she is like a puppy again!

The problem is my sister has been really pushing me to talk to my breeder about the product. I know she is just trying to get the name out there and stuff but I just feel like I am in a really awkward position. Maybe I am making it out to be a bigger deal than it is.

But how do I tell my breeder about it without making it awkward?

I really suck at this kind of stuff to begin with...I would fail miserably in sales!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would provide your sister with the breeder's information and let HER do the talking - *you* aren't the distributor. That way the problem is solved.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If you are in person talking to the breeder maybe you could just move the conversation that way? Like, ask about potential health risks your breed is prone to and just steer the conversations toward making similarities with what your sister sells. That might be totally off base though, I too suck at things like that and would be no good at selling anything .
  4. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    I would provide your sister with the breeder's information and let HER do the talking - *you* aren't the distributor. That way the problem is solved.
    This. But also, as a professional opinion, breeders shouldnt be giving out info on that stuff, it should be a veterinarians job. Sometimes lameness isnt due to bad joints, but other things (infection, cancer etc...) so we like to see them to rule out other causes of lameness vs having the owners just go look for pills to try, so when breeders give out advice of a medical nature regarding anything, from vaccines (some breeders will say that '>insert breed here< is very sensitive to distemper vaccine so dont let your vet give them that vaccine!' NO YOU IDIOTS!) to advice on types of food to feed, to anything, it really irritates us and can make out lives more difficult, and can potentially harm the pet.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    I didn't even think of that! I just sent her a text with the info for he breeder. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    This. But also, as a professional opinion, breeders shouldnt be giving out info on that stuff, it should be a veterinarians job. Sometimes lameness isnt due to bad joints, but other things (infection, cancer etc...) so we like to see them to rule out other causes of lameness vs having the owners just go look for pills to try, so when breeders give out advice of a medical nature regarding anything, from vaccines (some breeders will say that '>insert breed here< is very sensitive to distemper vaccine so dont let your vet give them that vaccine!' NO YOU IDIOTS!) to advice on types of food to feed, to anything, it really irritates us and can make out lives more difficult, and can potentially harm the pet.
    Oh I agree completely that other causes need to be ruled out...the same is true with people. But I do believe strongly that there is a place for supplements and homeopathic medicine. Heck, placebos have a 30% effectiveness which is better than a lot of the medicines we have on the market!

If this was just a random person breeding dogs then I would be a bit hesitant about having my sister bombard her. But the breeder we are working with actually works in the local vet hospital and worked with the Veterinarian to put together a special binder of puppy info including food recommendations along with the recommended vaccination schedule and stuff. She is a smart lady who we really lucked out with so I don't worry about her just throwing out random recommendations.
  6. Senior Member
    Either tell your sister you thought more about it and don't feel comfortable talking to your breeder about it nor sharing her info or just give your sister the breeders info WITH the breeders approval. I imagine your sister will use your name in the conversation in some form so it would be best if you get your breeders approval before giving her info out in that regard.
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Are you still visiting the breeder or have you already picked up your dog?

If you're still making visits then maybe bring your sister along the next time you make a visit (assuming she lives nearby) and let her do the talking.