Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Losing weight for your wedding

1. Regular Member

Help Losing weight for your wedding

Advertisements
    Did any of ya'll decide to lose weight for your wedding ? If so when did you decide, how did it go, any advice ?

I haven't decided if I want to really try to lose weight. I am scared of losing it buying a dress then gaining it back before the wedding.

Thanks
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I did lose weight, but it wasn't FOR my wedding. My personal belief is that your soon-to-be husband loves you the way you are, so there's no need to obsess over it. Of course you want to look your best for him, for photos, and for you guests. BUT - don't drive yourself bonkers. Monitor what food you're taking in, be a little more active, drink more water, and most of all, be happy! Be happy that you're going through such an exciting time in your life
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I got married so quickly, the only way to lose noticeable weight for my wedding would have been a crash diet! I agree with EmilyPT, my DH proposed to me at a certain weight/size, so he already loved me at my size. My only goal was to stay my current size (within reason) once I bought my dress to avoid any unnecessary alteration charges!

4. Regular Member
    I guess my biggest issue is that I used to be a college cheerleader and was tiny now not so much. And I am careful what pictures I put up because I am embarrassed and thinking I don't want to look at my wedding pictures and decided what I like on how my body looks. So I guess I am scared I will either fail or lose weight then gain it right back.
  5. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker

Nope

I felt no desire to, honestly. I liked my figure and DH liked my figure, I saw no point The dress not fitting never crossed my mind

If you want to lose weight, then maybe focus on that a few months before the first dress fitting?

(I've never been thin, I didn't mean what I said in a judgey "I didn't need to lose weight" way! Just in my experience I had no desire to lose weight)

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've been trying to lose this year before our wedding. DF and I met when I was at 205lbs, I dropped down to 187lbs and gained back up to 210lbs during our relationship. In January this year I was 205... I lost 10lbs in May doing Herbal Magic (4 week trial) and kept it off (mostly, I seem to be between 195-200 on any given day). I'd like to get down to the 180s because I was incredibly happy with my weight/figure when I was there about 2yrs ago.

I'm not just losing weight for the wedding though (like a PP mentioned) its more for long-term. I'm not a small person and don't expect to be 150lbs for our wedding. I'd just like to be more in control of my eating (which is my issue) and when I am on top of that, I tend to lose weight and keep it off. Maybe looking at the weight loss/target weight as a long-term journey might help you keep on track (and not having to worry about a dress?!)

Oh, and because I knew my weight would likely fluctuate, I made sure I would ask if dresses came in corset-style backs (I found that a lot of dresses came with the option - even though the corset was usually an additional fee) so that you have 'play room' in case you go up or down a little.
  7. Regular Member
    I want to lose weight before my wedding. It doesn't have anything to do with my fiancée. I just don't feel comfortable with the way I look. I don't have a big weight problem. I just want to lose some weight and tighten up before the wedding. Every girl want to look her best on here wedding day, no shame in that Any suggestions on how to shed a few pounds quickly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Karen&Mitch