Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Living on base?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Living on base?

Advertisements
    Hello, I am considering living on base once my fiance and I are married. I do not know anyone that has ever lived on base as a spouse before so therefore I am just curious as to what people think of it? I live in the country and do have pets, knowing that I will not be able to have them on base will be a hard switch but as of right now it is jut a thought.. any suggestions or advice?? What's it like? Any words are very much appreciated! (:

Sincerely,

A Proud Army Girlfriend
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by blairrbearrr View Post
    Hello, I am considering living on base once my fiance and I are married. I do not know anyone that has ever lived on base as a spouse before so therefore I am just curious as to what people think of it? I live in the country and do have pets, knowing that I will not be able to have them on base will be a hard switch but as of right now it is jut a thought.. any suggestions or advice?? What's it like? Any words are very much appreciated! (:

Sincerely,

A Proud Army Girlfriend
    What will you do with your pets?

life's a party, rock your body
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What sort of and numbers of pets do you have? That will play heavily into your housing options.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I already now I can not keep them with me there, they will stay with my mom on her farm. Which we are both fine with!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I already now I can not keep them with me there, they will stay with my mom on her farm. Which we are both fine with!
    So it sounds more like it has nothing to do with whether or not you live on base and more to do with just moving out period, is that right?
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    As to living on base and what it will be like - a lot will depend on the specific location and you.
    You'll hear about drama, etc - that, imo, is about what you choose to involve yourself in or not. I've lived on base, in private rentals and in the home we now own. I didn't find base housing to be any more or less drama-riffic than the other situations, but I am not a person to invite drama into my life so
    The specific rules, regs and expectations will depend on the housing authority you end up under - whether it's outright base managed housing or PPV housing.
    IIRC your SO has only just left for training, or have I got you confused with someone else?
  7. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    It completely depends on which base you will be living on. I lived on base before & I liked it. It could get a little loud at times but that's to be expected if you live en-route of PT runs & then there's always Colors. I live in military housing off base now.

What type of pets do you have & how many?

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  8. Senior Member
    Living on base is exactly same as living in any other community. Only major differences is that someone (well like if living in a rental property) can tell you what is acceptable or not and you have to listen to them and than you need an ID (generally there are exceptions though) to get to your house. Oh and if you are on base you have to stop for the national anthem whenever they play it.
  9. Regular Member
    Yes, base is great.....and I nearly forgot about the anthem. One of the first months I lived there DH made me pull over so quickly during twilight I almost wrecked!! Pentagon living makes me miss true USMC living!!
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yes I would just pretty much be moving out, I just don't know if base would be a good idea or if I should do off base.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast