Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Birthday present

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Birthday present

Advertisements
    My boyfriend and I have been together, on and off, for a few years. He just got deployed (like today) and I realized that his birthday is coming up. We've never sent presents before until this year since we've been separated for a few years, so I can finish school before moving to VA. I don't really know what to send him. He is in the Navy, what are some simple things that I could ship to him for pretty cheap that he can use on deployment?

Also...

I sent him a 'deployment survival kit' the 1st and he still hasn't gotten it, should I be worried that it didn't go through? How long before his birthday should I send his present before his birthday so it gets to him on/near his birthday?
  2. Senior Member
    If he is deployed to the sandbox as it is called 7 days is not time enough for him to get your package. Mail can take days, weeks and sometimes months. No sure way of saying.

If you don't know what to get him, why not send a card with a nice letter (and maybe a few odds and ends) and than tell him when he comes home you will have something for him. Unless you know there is something he especially wants.

Anyhow, welcome to the board....stop by the introduce yourself section and tell us about yourself.