Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Base Housing - privatized

1. Junior Member

Base Housing - privatized

Advertisements
    I'm not sure where to go with this one. We arrived at our base a month ago. We had been on the waiting list for housing a month prior. When we initially arrived we were given an address and move in date by housing. A few days before we were due to move in we received an email saying that due to some "issues" we would not be able to move in to that house on that date. My husband called the lady dealing with us and after a while admitted that she had given the house to us and another family - she decided to give the house to the other family. She then stated that we wouldn't be able to move in for another month. We were mad but figured there was nothing we could do. Come to find out that others (same rank/family size as us) have been arriving and getting housing within weeks! All the time we are sitting in TLF waiting for our move in date. Last week we were told that the house is now ready - the only issue is that they have no one available to move us in!!! They scheduled us to move in this Thursday!! Come to find out today that people arriving this week have an appointment on Wednesday to move in!!! I'm sorry - but WTF???!! I feel we have been treated terribly. By the time we finally move we would have been in TLF for over a month - out of pocket because out BAH doesn't cover the $50 a night we have had to pay here.

Ok - so my question - how do we go about complaining about the way we have been treated considering its privatized housing?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Your husband will need to take it to his Commander. They can deal with housing on your behalf. Friends of ours had to do that, they were on the list for 5 bedrooms and kept getting pushed further down the line and then housing tried to tell them they didn't qualify. The commander got involved and they had a house and move indate of less than a weeks time, within an hour of the Commander contacting to housing.

3. Senior Member
    Ice complaints at this base are pretty popular and get results. I'd be upset too. We had up to two months in TLF so our 6 week wait wasn't that a big deal (plus BAH is high here anyways), but we still waited longer than a lot of other people it seemed.
  4. Senior Member
    Even when the housing is privatized, there is still an AF housing office. You should start with them. They fall under the CE squadron. OR have your husband get his First Shirt involved.

But, the not having anyone to move you isn't a privatized housing problem, moving HHG falls under TMO.

Hopefully you can move into a house soon and your stress level goes down. Spending weeks in TLF is no fun.
  5. Senior Member
    It depends on how the housing is set up. Here when there are issues issues we're normally supposed take it to our neighborhood office first (3 neighborhoods), then if nothing comes of that take it up to the main housing office, if nothing comes out of them normally people file an ICE complaint and talk to the garrison commanders office since they have an open door policy. Our housing is privatized too and people have been having issues lately with water getting into the houses, most of them had to take it to the garrison commander to do any good.
  6. Junior Member
    When I say they have no one to move us in, I meant they didn't have anyone available to walk-us through the house and to sign the lease. They said they were too busy!

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to have to get my husband to look into escalating our complaints with his command or the military housing office.

7. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    That would really piss me off but definately complain to his command or someone hire up in the housing department about this. We just PCSed and said F it we cant afford to wait and got housing off post.
  8. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    I hope it all gets worked out, that is just a horrible mess.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  9. Senior Member
    I hope you guys get into something soon.

Are you certain that the people moving in before you didn't have higher places on the list? In some cases, even those who arrive after you can be higher priority, due to things like coming off deployment or an earlier date checking out of their previous command. Talking to him command is a great idea, but make sure you don't go too far with the complaining until you are sure you were passed over when you shouldn't have been.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  10. Junior Member
    I'm sure. Two people who got houses 2 weeks ago are in his class. They arrived after us, same situation - first base from AFROTC, and they weren't even on the waiting list.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast