Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i have a question or two

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Question i have a question or two

Advertisements
    so when he leaves for bct since i am only a girlfreind i will know nothing unless he tells me? can he have a cell phone in bct? and my big one what do i do with myself while he is gone?
  2. JT8
    Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by iloveatanker617 View Post
    so when he leaves for bct since i am only a girlfreind i will know nothing unless he tells me? can he have a cell phone in bct? and my big one what do i do with myself while he is gone?
    Yes, u can only get information from him.
    He more likely will have connection and cellphone in bct.
    Once he`s gone, u will have to fill ur time up. U have only 2 choices: 1) To be all depressed and cry about him being gone, or 2) Stay busy, do what ur gotta do and be patient, strong and a wise gf. This forum was and is a really helpful in this case, cause a lot of ladies r going through the same shit like deployment separations etc. and totally understand ur feelings.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    you will get info only from him, or his parents- the phone calls will be short and infrequent. who he calls needs to be addressed before he goes.

no cells and no internet in Boot camp. they will take thier cells when they get there and will only be assigned times to call. if he is caught with a cell he could be kicked out of BC.

stay busy, try not to dwell on the fact he is gone- this is just the beginning and there is a chance he will be gone a long time during your relationship and his enlistment ( depending on which branch he is going into)
  4. Senior Member

My son is leaving for boot camp in a few weeks. He can have his cell phone when he leaves. He will get to call me from it once to let me know he arrived. Then they take it along with all his civilian clothes right down to his skivvies and his glasses. They box them up and mail them back to me at his expense. I assume it would be similar for your DB.

Do your best to stay busy. As I tell my son, you can do anything for 8 weeks. It is not that long of a time. Then he will be on his way to A school and have more freedoms.

Best of luck.
    Jen
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you will get info only from him, or his parents- the phone calls will be short and infrequent. who he calls needs to be addressed before he goes.

no cells and no internet in Boot camp. they will take thier cells when they get there and will only be assigned times to call. if he is caught with a cell he could be kicked out of BC.

stay busy, try not to dwell on the fact he is gone- this is just the beginning and there is a chance he will be gone a long time during your relationship and his enlistment ( depending on which branch he is going into)
    This! OP
  6. You are here.
    You are here.

ditto....best thing to do is to keep yourself busy. ask for more hours at work, try taking a few more classes in school, maybe join a gym or have a goal, or pick up hobbies like scrapbooking or sewing. live your life there and time will pass. i know a lot of wives/SO's who take on more things while they are gone just to keep themselves busy, i've seen some make huge goals and attain them, like weight loss, or being able to run a marathon, or they finished school early, or they learned a new trade or hobby. take this time to show yourself and perhaps him that you can be independent enough to live your life to the fullest and then when he's back you can enjoy your time together and look back to see what you accomplished.
  7. Senior Member
    Just so you don't get confused, there is a difference between BCT and boot camp. Boot camp is the Marine Corps and BCT is the Army. They do things differently from each other. Yes, you will not get information directly from the Army. Your only information about what's going on and dates and what not will come from him or his parents if you guys are on good terms. Phone usage is up to the drill sergeants. Don't expect phone calls. That's just the easiest way to think of it; that way you're not let down when one doesn't come, but if you do get one, it'll be a pleasant treat. Letters are all you can be sure of. Don't be alarmed if it takes a while for your letters to get to him and vise versa. Sometimes drill sergeants give out mail on a weekly basis, some decide to hold mail until the platoons have earned the mail, and some give mail the day it shows up. There is no consistency. I'm sorry. The good news is that it won't be for a very long time. BCT is just a couple of months, then there is, yes, more training, but those should have more communication in them.

Just find friends who will help you pass the time and will not make you feel worse about your situation. Also, expect bad days (sad ones). It's just a part of the life. Find ways to still have fun and enjoy time. Write him often. It always feels good to write. It will all be good.

I'm dealing with OSUT (an version of Army BCT and ACT all in one). My husband did his first contract with the Marine Corps and is now Army.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    thank you ladies for everything i will have more questions to come im sure and thanks again
  9. Senior Member

this is good advice. write lots of letters to keep yourself sane. it helped me a lot.

i see in your location thing it says fort benning. is that where hes going? My DB did bct there
  10. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries

Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast