Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belittling. *language*

1. Certified G
    Certified G

Confused Belittling. *language*

Advertisements
    How the heck would you deal with parents who belittle you and hardly support you emotionally?

For the life of me, I can't stop letting their comments get me down. I mean, really down. Nothing I do seems to make them proud of me, which is really all I'd like. Oh, and constantly being called a bitch because I have differing opinions than them is super cool, too. Wait, let's not also forget how many times they tell me I'm going to ruin my daughter's childhood and life.

I don't know how living with them for the next 6-8 months is going to work out. If I ignore their words, I'm an ignorant bitch. If I stand up for myself, I'm a selfish bitch. If I try talking to them, all I get is how its MY way or the highway when in reality they refuse to even begin to see how they hurt me. I've gone to counseling, but this is years of this crap compiled that I can't seem to shake because its never ending. It just doesn't stop. It doesn't matter how I speak to them about it. I could be calm, I could cry, I could yell. Its still always, "You're a bitch, you're selfish, you're ignorant, you're cold."

2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

That's called abuse! Wtf is with them? Do they not realize what they are doing or are they that cold? Do you have no where else you could go for support while your guy is away?

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Senior Member
    I am so sorry you have to deal with this! I wish I had advise but I don't. My relationship is maybe a little better with my parents. But I can give you hugs!!
    proudarmygrlfrnd and PinkyLee are my WIFEYS!
  4. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    1st many many

Do you have to stay with them? That is flat out vetbal abuse and I am so sorry you have to deal with it honey. I cut my parents out of my life 100% hubs and I recently cut his mom out.
    If that is possible for you, honestly it may be best. You don't need that around you or your child.

Many again!
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  5. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry you have been dealing with that. It's emotional and verbal abuse and you don't have to put up with it.

If I were you, I'd find somewhere else to go. I'd even consider going to a woman's shelter until you can find more permanent housing. There is no way I could live like that, and you shouldn't be forced to.
  6. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    You need to find somewhere else to stay, period. That is completely ridiculous!

7. Certified G
    Certified G
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Minx View Post
    That's called abuse! Wtf is with them? Do they not realize what they are doing or are they that cold? Do you have no where else you could go for support while your guy is away?
    They literally do not think or realize what they say is wrong. Its always been the "I'm right, you're wrong, you shouldn't even be feeling this way" thing with them. I can't really live with anyone else. I have my Nana, but she's an hour out of the way from my college and work. My close friends all moved back in with their parents to save money, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen2407 View Post
    I am so sorry you have to deal with this! I wish I had advise but I don't. My relationship is maybe a little better with my parents. But I can give you hugs!!
    Thanks, Jen.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyGirl View Post
    1st many many

Do you have to stay with them? That is flat out vetbal abuse and I am so sorry you have to deal with it honey. I cut my parents out of my life 100% hubs and I recently cut his mom out.
    If that is possible for you, honestly it may be best. You don't need that around you or your child.

Many again!
    I unfortunately do have to stay with them. The money is too tight for my enjoyment if I lived on my own right now. If I could cut them out, I'd really like to, but I have a feeling I'd feel guilty. And if I think its bad now, I would NEVER hear the end of it. I don't have a large family at all. 75% of us hardly even communicate to begin with. They're great on the superficial level, but when feelings get involved, . There are two sides to our relationship: Hurtful sarcasm and hurtful words. I couldn't take my daughter away from them because they're amazing grandparents. Just ultra shitty parents.

8. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KateElizabeth View Post
    They literally do not think or realize what they say is wrong. Its always been the "I'm right, you're wrong, you shouldn't even be feeling this way" thing with them. I can't really live with anyone else. I have my Nana, but she's an hour out of the way from my college and work. My close friends all moved back in with their parents to save money, too.

Thanks, Jen.

I unfortunately do have to stay with them. The money is too tight for my enjoyment if I lived on my own right now. If I could cut them out, I'd really like to, but I have a feeling I'd feel guilty. And if I think its bad now, I would NEVER hear the end of it. I don't have a large family at all. 75% of us hardly even communicate to begin with. They're great on the superficial level, but when feelings get involved, . There are two sides to our relationship: Hurtful sarcasm and hurtful words. I couldn't take my daughter away from them because they're amazing grandparents. Just ultra shitty parents.
    You say they're amazing grandparents, but if they are talking to you the way they do they aren't being amazing grandparents. They're hurting their granddaughter's mother. I also REALLY HOPE they don't belittle you and cuss you in front of your daughter.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Been there in my own way. But I don't have advice, because I just left and don't talk to them anymore
  10. Certified G
    Certified G
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottie. View Post
    You say they're amazing grandparents, but if they are talking to you the way they do they aren't being amazing grandparents. They're hurting their granddaughter's mother. I also REALLY HOPE they don't belittle you and cuss you in front of your daughter.
    I didn't even think of it that way. We try not to speak when she's around because we all know things get tense and heated, but she does see me afterwards and notices how sad and depressed I am. It breaks my heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast