Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mail call

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

mail call

Advertisements
    what should i do if my db isnt getting my mail? ive sent him at least six letters and he hasnt recieved any but im getting his. and he is getting some letters from his parents.

Posted from MilitarySOS.com App for Android
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    There's really nothing you can do except talk to the post office but even that could be a dead end. Odds are is that it's still on it's way to him. Mail times vary from weeks to months.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    Same thing happened to me when DF was in basic. He'll get them eventually and realize that you've been writing him the whole time. It doesn't hurt to make him sweat a little right don't worry

4. You are here.
    You are here.
    just be patient. they are subject to time crunches due to weather, and major transportation and shipping issues, like the wild fires in CO could be throwing the postal service's delivery off, or the hurricane weather on the east coast. There could be strikes going on, paring down what gets delivered due to budget constraints. and yes, sometimes they do hold mail for whatever reason. just be patient, he'll get it when he gets it.
  5. Senior Member
    My husband's mail has been getting held back by his drill sergeants. I just try to slip into each letter something about how I hope he gets ALL of his mail soon since I have sent him a letter ever single day. He hadn't gotten mail for a week and a half, and then when they finally gave him mail, he was given one single letter. It's a bit irritating since there are some important things in those letters (stuff about POA and decisions that need to made) but sadly, all I can do is wait, try to relax and just let him know in EVERY letter, how much I've been writing him so that no matter which one he gets, he will know that I am doing it.

I think it's a bit ridiculous that the command sends a "welcome" letter out to the families and letter specifically says that mail will not be withheld for any reason, but then it is held back at the discretion of the drill sergeant. Why do they have to lie. They could either say that mail might be held back or just not mention it at all. Oh well, it's done. Fingers crossed that my guy and your guy get their mail soon!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hopefully he gets it soon! Mail can be delayed for a number of reasons, both by the USPS and the military.
  7. Senior Member
    Hopefully he'll get them soon
  8. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Hope he gets them soon.
    Are you writing the address right?
    I know my husband has not got mail since last Monday and won't get it until they are back from the ftx. Which will be the 3rd.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  9. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klearl89 View Post
    My husband's mail has been getting held back by his drill sergeants. I just try to slip into each letter something about how I hope he gets ALL of his mail soon since I have sent him a letter ever single day. He hadn't gotten mail for a week and a half, and then when they finally gave him mail, he was given one single letter. It's a bit irritating since there are some important things in those letters (stuff about POA and decisions that need to made) but sadly, all I can do is wait, try to relax and just let him know in EVERY letter, how much I've been writing him so that no matter which one he gets, he will know that I am doing it.

I think it's a bit ridiculous that the command sends a "welcome" letter out to the families and letter specifically says that mail will not be withheld for any reason, but then it is held back at the discretion of the drill sergeant. Why do they have to lie. They could either say that mail might be held back or just not mention it at all. Oh well, it's done. Fingers crossed that my guy and your guy get their mail soon!

They don't hold mail..
    It is illegal, if they are busy the ds may not get to it. If your husband got only 1 letter then I honestly would.assume they others were lost.

My husband's platoon has had mail call once a week since being there.
    They do NOT keep mail.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyGirl
    Originally Posted by klearl89

They don't hold mail..
    It is illegal, if they are busy the ds may not get to it. If your husband got only 1 letter then I honestly would.assume they others were lost.

My husband's platoon has had mail call once a week since being there.
    They do NOT keep mail.
    the address im writing is correct and i know hes getting letters because his parents are getting responses saying he has gotten their letters but not mine. my DBs dad said they might be keeping it to avoid dear john letters.

Posted from MilitarySOS.com App for Android
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast