Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yipping doggy- update in #6

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

Yipping doggy- update in #6

Advertisements
    My neighbor upstairs has a new doggy, apparently. It is stuck out on the balcony and has been yipping for nearly 3 hours. I peeked at it and I can tell that it can't go indoors (the balcony door is shut) but I can't see if it has food and water.
    As far as I know, the lady upstairs didn't have a dog until this morning. Should I try to go see if it's alright? Poor thing is starting to sound kind of stressed and it's getting hot here. (about 83 right now) I have never owned a dog nor lived near someone who did so I really don't know anything about dog etiquette. I'm worried the woman went to work (she has strange hours) and left it out on the balcony all day...
    Last edited by rocket_lizz; 06-30-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: add update
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    In all honesty, if I was in your shoes, I would. With this ridiculously hot weather that poor puppy can have a heat stroke. I don't know what that lady is thinking but it's irresponsible of her to leave her pet like that on the balcony. I understand 15 min but 3 hours is too much.

If she is not home, than call the Humane Society to care for the pup - maybe that will send her a message.
    Last edited by shape shifter; 06-30-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Typing mistakes
  3. Senior Member
    Could you call your complex and complain maybe so they can let her know?

Or maybe leave a note on her door? If you didn't know she had a dog maybe she didn't know he would be barking. When we first got our puppy he barked and cried every time we left for a while and we had no idea until my neighbor told me.
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I'm guessing you live in an apartment?

I'd call the manager & have someone go speak to her. If she's not even home, call the Humane Society. That would be considered animal neglect, especially if it's that hot out.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. Regular Member
    Him: Basic Training, Lackland AFB Me: Northern NJ
    Agreed. Anyone who treats an animal that way doesn't deserve to have one.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
  6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Doggy update: I was just about to knock on the door and see if anyone was home when a delivery guy showed up to drop off a package for the apartment. Since no one answered the door for him, I assumed no one was home and went to the manager's office to tell them. They're having someone call the women to tell her to come take care of her dog. On my way back, I stopped to watch the doggy for a while and it appears that the balcony door is open, and it was just the screen door that was shut, and the doggy seems to have figure out how to push the screen door aside a bit (it's quite a tiny dog and our screen doors don't latch or lock), so it can go into the house now but there is still 86 degree air going into the apartment with the open screen door... Not sure if I should do anything else...
  7. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Doggy update: I was just about to knock on the door and see if anyone was home when a delivery guy showed up to drop off a package for the apartment. Since no one answered the door for him, I assumed no one was home and went to the manager's office to tell them. They're having someone call the women to tell her to come take care of her dog. On my way back, I stopped to watch the doggy for a while and it appears that the balcony door is open, and it was just the screen door that was shut, and the doggy seems to have figure out how to push the screen door aside a bit (it's quite a tiny dog and our screen doors don't latch or lock), so it can go into the house now but there is still 86 degree air going into the apartment with the open screen door... Not sure if I should do anything else...
    As long as there's food & water inside, it wont be a problem. I don't have AC so my back door is open all day for my dogs to come in & out as they please with 80+ air coming into my house.

I would still have the manager talk to the woman because just because the dog can go inside now by figuring out how to get in, doesn't solve the problem & it'll most likely happen again.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  8. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    As long as there's food & water inside, it wont be a problem. I don't have AC so my back door is open all day for my dogs to come in & out as they please with 80+ air coming into my house.

I would still have the manager talk to the woman because just because the dog can go inside now by figuring out how to get in, doesn't solve the problem & it'll most likely happen again.
    The manager assured me that someone would call her to explain the situation so hopefully she takes care of it! Thanks for your help, I know nothing about dogs so I wasn't sure how bad it is to leave it outside for that long.
  9. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    It is a good thing, that the Management is stepping in. Even though the dog can go in for food and water, it is still irresponsible to let him roam in and out like that. I hope the balcony bars are not too wide for him to fit through and fall down.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRa View Post
    Even though the dog can go in for food and water, it is still irresponsible to let him roam in and out like that. I hope the balcony bars are not too wide for him to fit through and fall down.
    Why would it be irresponsible to let the dog roam in and out like that? Plenty of people have doggie doors so their dogs can go in and out when they want to.

Perhaps it is not the neighbors dog. It could be a friend's dog and the friend and the neighbor are out for the day. Doesn't make the yipping any better, but I'm glad to hear the dog had access to the inside, and probably water as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast