Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got some bad news today =(

1. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!

Sad Got some bad news today =(

Advertisements
    So while I was at work this morning, my phone rang and I knew it was DH because of the ringtone so I figured I would call him back when I cam back inside from taking a few dogs outside (I work in the boarding facility in a animal hospital). I come back in and use the hospital phone and call him. He goes "I have some really bad news....my last day in the CG is tomorrow." What!!! He was really upset and couldn't really talk so he put his shipmate on to tell me whats going on. I got all the info and got off the phone and lost it. Fast forward a half hour....DH calls me back and says that he got some more news that will make things better. Apparently his XO (executive officer) was pissed that they were giving us such short notice that he pulled some strings and now DH's last day is tentatively set for July 30th. So even though it still sucks, we at least now have 30 days to get things in order.

We kinda knew this was coming and have been trying to save money but we also thought we had a chance of getting his discharge appealed. But I guess everything DH did wasn't good enough. So since I have been home from work, I have been searching for a place to live. I found a couple places here in RI that we could possibly afford as long as DH gets a good paying job but we most likely will move back to VA. It's not back home to PA because there really isn't anything there for us except for family. For what DH is qualified for and has experience in (marine mechanics) we would have to stay near water. DH is also looking into using his GI Bill since he has the Post 9/11 one which means we can get BAH while he is going to school.

Ugh! What a day! My head feels like it's spinning!
  2. Senior Member
    My DF was discharged as well this year. He is a reservist though so it didn't impact us as much but it did emotionally so IK what you're going through in that regard!
    Feel free to PM me
  3. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Wow, that is fast. I guess I missed a thread in regards to his discharge. Glad his XO helped y'all out some.
  4. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Wow, that is fast. I guess I missed a thread in regards to his discharge. Glad his XO helped y'all out some.
    This week has turned horrible.....

Here is the first one.....we found out that this might be happening back on May 17th.
  5. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Dang. Before he leaves he should try to get a letter from his CO/XO and work section Sup. With those, with his detachment eval and his awards will help with gaining employment.

6. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Dang. Before he leaves he should try to get a letter from his CO/XO and work section Sup. With those, with his detachment eval and his awards will help with gaining employment.

I will tell him that....he is gone for a patrol which sucks because I really just want to sit down and talk to him about all this.
  7. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Do they have a transitional class he can attend for assistance with resume writing and job interviews?
  8. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I am so sorry! I hope you guys can figure something out soon.

9. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

wow!!!

I hope he can find a good job that he likes and things work out.

10. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    DH and I went through this is March. Its hectic as hell! We had some bad info too so our 30 days dwindled to 2 weeks and it was go go go. Itll all come together for you all!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast