Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Husband's uncle has under 24 hours to live.

1. Regular Member

Sad Husband's uncle has under 24 hours to live.

Advertisements
    My husband is currently in Air Force BMT. He has about 2 and a half weeks left.

First off lets start with my husbands grandma exaggerates everything. When my husbands father was in the hospital she called us crying that he had 24 hours to live. He was around for 6 months after then and unfortunately did pass away from kidney failure (my husbands father abused pills). Now it's happening again. The uncle is an alcoholic. He drank himself to death. When I talked to her 2 days ago she was so happy he was doing well. He had been fully detoxed and his body was restoring itself. He was going to go to rehab and come home alcohol free.

My husband called her today to get a phone number from her and she drops the load on him that his uncle is dying and only has 24 hours to live. WHAT

She won't pick up the phone for me so I know nothing about why his health took a turn for the worse but SHE does know that Michael is in boot camp about to start BEAST week and this is the MOST crucial part of his 8 and a half weeks!! Now my husband is depressed, stressing out, and obviously not going to perform his best.

I am SO Flippen mad she dropped that bomb on him. Obviously if the uncle dies we would inform him via red cross but don't tell him that he is going to die today when you never know. He has bad kidneys and liver from drinking so much but when I talked to her two days ago she told me he was doing sooo much better!

My husband said he would want to come home if something were to happen. That would mean my stupid self would have wasted 800$ on a nonrefundable plane ticket and I certainly wouldnt dish out another 800$ for his new graduation day because I don't have the money for that.

But the real reason I am so mad is because now my husband is stressed out and depressed over something that isn't even the way his grandma made it out to be!!!

I just wish I could call my husband and talk to him but I can't
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    But he won't be able to go home for an uncle. A spouse, parent or sibling, perhaps, but not an uncle.

Sometimes I wish family would just learn to say "All is fine, you just do what you need to do" (or whatever sentiments)..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    But he won't be able to go home for an uncle. A spouse, parent or sibling, perhaps, but not an uncle.

Sometimes I wish family would just learn to say "All is fine, you just do what you need to do" (or whatever sentiments)..
    That's what I've been trying to do. This whole time he has been gone I have been a depressed mess missing him but I slap on a happy face for our letters and phone calls and always let him know how well I am doing and how happy I am for him and then she ruined it! My 6 weeks of trying soo hard to keep him happy gone!

I feel bad for saying it but I am kind of thankful that he won't be able to come home for his uncle. He wants to come home more so to see his grandma and make her happy, but our entire relationship he has never said a positive thing about his uncle because his uncle was always mean to him. I know he is family but at the same time, his uncle was doing steroids, blues, cocaine, and drinking...What did everyone think was going to happen?!

I just can't believe 3 days before BEAST week he gets this stress put on him.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm sorry your dealing with this right now. Try not to stress about his performance yet. Part of preparing them for Beast Week is giving them the tools they need to compartmentalize life and get down to business. He may be sad and upset about what's going on with his grandma and uncle and express that to you on the phone because those are the appropriate places for him to do so. If you feel he's been rocking his training so far, be confident that his training will kick in during Beast Week and he will perform how he's been trained.

5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    I'm sorry your dealing with this right now. Try not to stress about his performance yet. Part of preparing them for Beast Week is giving them the tools they need to compartmentalize life and get down to business. He may be sad and upset about what's going on with his grandma and uncle and express that to you on the phone because those are the appropriate places for him to do so. If you feel he's been rocking his training so far, be confident that his training will kick in during Beast Week and he will perform how he's been trained.

Thank you so much
    I reallly really needed to hear this! I guess I was just over worried that he would be too depressed to function and get washed back He has done so well so far, he even told me today he gets an extra ribbon on his uniform for marksman! I am so proud of him and I know he tries his best but he thinks to the world of his grandma and to know she might possibly lose another child within a years time kills him. I sure do hope that his training kicks in during beast week though..It's so hard to be there for him when I'm 1500 miles away. There is only so much my letters and 15 minute phone calls can say