Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Need advice

Advertisements
    Hi I'm a newbie here & pretty new to the military gf thing
    Last edited by New38; 06-30-2012 at 12:33 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    All you can really do is wait for a response....

I mean, you have to wait for him to read the e-mail and then its his decision whether or not he decides to forgive you or if he wants to continue being angry.
    Give it a week at most, then, if you have heard nothing then you might want to try and get in touch with him and see if there is anything you can do to fix things?
    "Love is just a chemical, we give it meaning by choice"---Eleanor Lamb (Bioshock2)
    " I feel like a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything. Maybe we're from the same star." ---Emery Allen
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thanks for your response. I figured that's all I could do was play the waiting game. I know he's on shore right now & I've thought about texting him but I'm trying to be patient. I just don't understand why he was so different the last week & why he wouldn't take the time to tell me bye. Is that normal?
  4. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Element02 View Post

I mean, you have to wait for him to read the e-mail and then its his decision whether or not he decides to forgive you or if he wants to continue being angry.
    Give it a week at most, then, if you have heard nothing then you might want to try and get in touch with him and see if there is anything you can do to fix things?
    ditto.,...he may have decided to let contact with you off so he can focus on whatever he's doing. or they took away communication or he's down range where its not available. just try to keep busy, if yo uhear from him then you can go from there, if you don't, not much you can do if he decided you werent' the one.
  5. Always together no matter the distance <3.
    Always together no matter the distance <3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Element02 View Post

But when you say leave what do you mean? Because I know with my db when he leaves there are times I don't here from him. But that's due to the ship controlling the Internet.

6. i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    i will NOT limbo in Idaho
    Many many people deal with leaving their loved ones by becoming more distant the closer it gets. It's not necessarily the right way to handle things, but it makes it easier for some. It's not abnormal at all for that to happen!

All you can do now is wait, unfortunately. There are so many reasons he may not be able to respond so try not to freak out.
    I'm LeAndra

Married to James since October 2008
    Lorelai Feb 2010
    Beckham July 2012
    I am a Christian & SAHM/W

If you have any questions about massage therapy, breastfeeding, natural birth, Your Baby Can Read, teaching kids sign language or whatever...feel free to ask!
    PS~ Please excuse any typos for the time being...I've almost always got an arm full of baby
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    When
    Last edited by New38; 06-30-2012 at 12:34 AM.
  8. Always together no matter the distance <3.
    Quote Originally Posted by New38 View Post
    When I said him leaving without saying bye, it had nothing to do with lack of Internet ..he had the opportunity to see me & chose not to. I was upset & told him i felt he put me last to everything the week leading up to him leaving & didnt understand it. I so wish i would have just chilled out & went with the flow of things. Is anyone familiar with RIMPAC?
    Oh I was talking about him not responding. But I understand how you feel, it's rough. Db did it to me all the time, everytime before he left he would push me away and not realize it. He did it to help me cope with being away. It took time for me to get use to it. I'm sorry that you are dealing with this. If you ever need to talk just pm me. Idk what RIMPAC is sorry.

9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Him not responding was through text & as far as the email goes I believe he's had time to see it by now because where he's at they have time in port. I saw he just made a big advancement that I wasn't even aware he was up for. I just feel so frustrated & left out by the whole situation.
  10. Always together no matter the distance <3.
    Quote Originally Posted by New38 View Post
    Him not responding was through text & as far as the email goes I believe he's had time to see it by now because where he's at they have time in port. I saw he just made a big advancement that I wasn't even aware he was up for. I just feel so frustrated & left out by the whole situation.
    I'm sorry. I can understand feeling frustrated and left out. The only thing there is to do is wait. I wish there was more I could tell you. Just try and stay busy help keep your mind off of it until he either contacts you or comes home. That's the best thing you can do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast