Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I've lost my brain

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I've lost my brain

Advertisements
    I sold my car to a scrapper last week and they gave me a check. I have USAA so I deposit it at home. In the chaos before DH left for deployment I have lost the check. I'm so upset with my sell and I pretty much just want to cry. I've looked everywhere I can think of. Table, purse, laundry pile, couch cushions. I remember showing it to DH, and I think I remember putting it next to the printer to scan but that's all I got. I'm pretty much at the point paranoia and either the maintenance man came in unknown to me and took it or DH hid it from me to make me go off the deep end. Both of those are my totally irrational and I am having crazy lady thoughts. My usual reaction when I've lost something. If it isn't in the house then I probably threw it away on accident cleaning up the pre-deployment packing explosion that took over the living room.

So should I wait to see if it turns up as I pack up the house before I call and ask if they can cancel and give me a new check minus the cost to cancel the other one which would be Thursday, or should I call Monday?
  2. Senior Member
    First of all no one else can cash that check but you, and if someone else does then the bank is pretty much responsible for allowing it.

Second, just call and tell them you misplaced it so they can cancel it on Monday. I've never heard of being charged for a cancelled check though.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thank you, it seems much more rational when someone else says it. If you rolled all the villains of batman into one super evil crazy one that is me when when I lose things. Its my Achilles heal.
  4. Senior Member
    Oh yeah, that is no big deal at all. Having them cancel the first and write you a new one is a simple and easy solution. Sorry that it caused you any worry at all, but it should be an easy fix. Now you can relax this weekend
  5. Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Proud mother of a baby boy...and wife of a soldier
    Blog Entries
    Is it possible you put it ON the printer...like the scanner part? Have you asked your hubby if he's seen it?

Im so in love with you hunny. I know I have never felt this powerful of a love before, I have only thought it was possible for those rare lucky few. And now I think we have it. Or are we just now part of the lucky rare few? XOXO Love you hun. -DH 9/8/11
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmom View Post
    Is it possible you put it ON the printer...like the scanner part? Have you asked your hubby if he's seen it?
    Yeah I keep staring at it, opening and closing the lid, picking it up, shaking it about. Maybe it ate it. DH is not mr. helpful .