Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What Should I Do?

1. Senior Member

What Should I Do?

Advertisements
    So a little back story. DH's good friend, C, is stationed on the west coast. He was going to be DH's best man but (as is typical with the Army) he will not be able to come to the wedding. He sent me a facebook message a couple weeks ago and said he would be coming back to NC for some training. I told him we would have to get lunch while he was here. I called him about a week ago but he was out in the field training and so he said he would be coming up to Raleigh to fly out this weekend and we should plan dinner for then in Raleigh.

Fast forward to today...

I get a call while I am out to lunch. It is C. He says that he and another guy are headed to up Raleigh tonight and fly out in the morning. He asked if I wanted to do dinner. I said definitely. They had some more stuff to do before they could drive up but he said that 6:30pm for dinner would be good. So I told him I would make a reservation for dinner and call him back with the info. I called him back about 4 hours ago but he didn't pick up and his mailbox is full. I texted him with the dinner info but he never texted back. We are supposed to meet for dinner in an hour. I tried calling again but he didn't pick up.

What do I do???
  2. Senior Member
    All you can do is either text him again, call him again or if he is someplace you can drive to, go check on him.

Hopefully he didn't allow his phone to run out of battery power.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaaau View Post
    All you can do is either text him again, call him again or if he is someplace you can drive to, go check on him.

Hopefully he didn't allow his phone to run out of battery power.
    They are driving up here so I don't know where they are staying. Its a 30 minute drive into downtown for me so I don't really want to go drive into downtown and sit at the restaurant and have them not show up. Ugh.

When I call him his phone rings...so that means its on. Right? or can it still ring even if it is dead?
  4. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

What ended up happening?
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi90 View Post
    What ended up happening?
    It turned out that his phone did die. He called around 6:30 (when we were supposed to meet) and said he was 45 min out so I moved our reservation back. And I was glad I didn't drive out there and sit waiting for him for an hour!

But dinner was good and it was nice to catch up with him
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    It turned out that his phone did die. He called around 6:30 (when we were supposed to meet) and said he was 45 min out so I moved our reservation back. And I was glad I didn't drive out there and sit waiting for him for an hour!

I'm glad you guys got to meet up!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post

glad you go to meet up!
    live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you no one would believe it ♥
    coffee addict!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I'm glad you guys got to meet up!
    Quote Originally Posted by armywifey514 View Post
    glad you go to meet up!
    Thanks! me too! We ended up sitting and talking at dinner for almost 3 hours. I just wish DH could have been there too.
  9. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Glad it worked out.
    Last edited by Mimi90; 06-23-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Formatting