Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if they miss this paycheck too?

1. Senior Member

Help What if they miss this paycheck too?

Advertisements
    This is more of an advice "just in case" type of thing. My Andrew left to go back into the military on the 5th. It seems as though 2 weeks should have been plenty of time for the Army admins to turn his mypay back on and adjust how much he's supposed to be getting, but I guess they were too busy with solitaire or something (no that wasn't a dig in case your SO is admin. I'm just frustrated that they had so much time to do something small and it didn't get done), and they missed him being able to get his June 15th paycheck. I know the chances of him not getting the next one are HIGHLY unlikely, but I wouldn't mind advice just in case.

So, here's the deal, I have this fear that they got his deposit information wrong, that they will be slow getting everything put into the system, that maybe they're using a different mypay account for him seeing as how he was in the Corps before and now he's in the Army (silly thought, I know, but my mind has had time to come up with this all lol), that they will mess up on how much he's supposed to get, and blah blah blah...many other thoughts. My question, if they miss getting him this next check (and I know, they back pay him so it's not really MISSING it, but we've got bills to pay), who do I go to to get help? We have Navy Fed, but they've said that they need to see a direct deposit to be able to consider him active duty again. Do, I contact the recruiters? Find the FRO (he's in OSUT in Fort Benning)? Or something else that I can't come up with? Thank ladies. I wish they'd just done the job in a timely many in the first place so I could be a little bit less stressed and have a few less things on my plate right now.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You just have to wait. Changes is pay take a minimum of 7-10 business days, but new paychecks realistically more like 4-6 weeks. It will get there eventually. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it. It gets there when it gets there.

If he doesn't get one on the 1st then HE can try to go to finance and check it out, but you can't do anything.
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    How long was he out of the corps before going into the Army?

When did he arrive at basic (or whereever he had to go) for the Army?

2 weeks really isn't that much time, most its usually 2 pay periods before they see their first check. The June 15th check would've been the pay period from 16-31 May, the 1 July check will be 1-15 June, so chances are, he is right on track.

So, its not really admin not doing their job, it appears to be when he went back in. They can't pay him for time he wasn't there (meaning he wasn't there 16-31 May)...

ETA.. you can't do anything, only he can deal with finance. Navy Fed is like most other banks, they can't give you advance pay if they haven't yet seen him get paid from anywhere.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by klearl89 View Post
    This is more of an advice "just in case" type of thing. My Andrew left to go back into the military on the 5th. It seems as though 2 weeks should have been plenty of time for the Army admins to turn his mypay back on and adjust how much he's supposed to be getting, but I guess they were too busy with solitaire or something (no that wasn't a dig in case your SO is admin. I'm just frustrated that they had so much time to do something small and it didn't get done), and they missed him being able to get his June 15th paycheck. I know the chances of him not getting the next one are HIGHLY unlikely, but I wouldn't mind advice just in case.

So, here's the deal, I have this fear that they got his deposit information wrong, that they will be slow getting everything put into the system, that maybe they're using a different mypay account for him seeing as how he was in the Corps before and now he's in the Army (silly thought, I know, but my mind has had time to come up with this all lol), that they will mess up on how much he's supposed to get, and blah blah blah...many other thoughts. My question, if they miss getting him this next check (and I know, they back pay him so it's not really MISSING it, but we've got bills to pay), who do I go to to get help? We have Navy Fed, but they've said that they need to see a direct deposit to be able to consider him active duty again. Do, I contact the recruiters? Find the FRO (he's in OSUT in Fort Benning)? Or something else that I can't come up with? Thank ladies. I wish they'd just done the job in a timely many in the first place so I could be a little bit less stressed and have a few less things on my plate right now.
    If he just went in on the 5th he wouldn't have gotten a paycheck for the 15th, he wasn't "working" for that pay period. The earliest he would see a check is July 1.
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    If he just went in on the 5th he wouldn't have gotten a paycheck for the 15th, he wasn't "working" for that pay period. The earliest he would see a check is July 1.
    I missed that in the OP..

Yeah, he won't get a check until the 1st, and even then it would be only 10 days worth of pay.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    You just have to wait. Changes is pay take a minimum of 7-10 business days, but new paychecks realistically more like 4-6 weeks. It will get there eventually. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it. It gets there when it gets there.

If he doesn't get one on the 1st then HE can try to go to finance and check it out, but you can't do anything.
    See, there is no having him go anywhere. He's in training and the only way I can reach him is by mail, and that takes about a week or 2 to get to him. I know the whole, it gets there when it gets there. This isn't my first time. I did say in the original post that Andrew was already in the Corps. I was asking for advice on what to do if it DOESN'T get there when it should get there. See, I have bills to pay and they don't seem to understand the whole, "it gets there when it gets there" thing. They like it to get there by the due date. Go figure that they won't be so happy with waiting a couple of months...

And I'm not sure if it counts as a new paycheck since he's already been active duty before. See why this is a little bit more confusing than the norm?
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    I missed that in the OP..

Yeah, he won't get a check until the 1st, and even then it would be only 10 days worth of pay.
    I missed it also. I can't do math today.
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    See, there is no having him go anywhere. He's in training and the only way I can reach him is by mail, and that takes about a week or 2 to get to him. I know the whole, it gets there when it gets there. This isn't my first time. I did say in the original post that Andrew was already in the Corps. I was asking for advice on what to do if it DOESN'T get there when it should get there. See, I have bills to pay and they don't seem to understand the whole, "it gets there when it gets there" thing. They like it to get there by the due date. Go figure that they won't be so happy with waiting a couple of months...

And I'm not sure if it counts as a new paycheck since he's already been active duty before. See why this is a little bit more confusing than the norm?

Military isn't concerned about your schedule really. Only HE can deal with finance, you cannot. So even if he doesn't get paid on the 1st YOU can do nothing, only he can. Even if he gave you a special POA to handle finance he would still have to take care of it all.

Just because he was in the Corps before doesn't give him special privilege to get paid before he is supposed to get paid. Unless he was in the corps on the 4th and moved to the army on the 5th, THEN he MIGHT get a paycheck as he was still in the military. But if he had ANY break in between corps and army, as far as military is concerned, he is a new army recruit and all that applied before doesn't matter. And you are not out of the norm, there are many that switch branches.

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed

If you are going to be behind on bills then I suggest going to the family center and seeing if you can apply for aid/emergency funds to get you through. Also it would be a new pay check, records, system, everything... even though he is prior service this is a new contract and sounds like a completely different branch (Marine to Army).
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    How long was he out of the corps before going into the Army?

When did he arrive at basic (or whereever he had to go) for the Army?

2 weeks really isn't that much time, most its usually 2 pay periods before they see their first check. The June 15th check would've been the pay period from 16-31 May, the 1 July check will be 1-15 June, so chances are, he is right on track.

So, its not really admin not doing their job, it appears to be when he went back in. They can't pay him for time he wasn't there (meaning he wasn't there 16-31 May)...

ETA.. you can't do anything, only he can deal with finance. Navy Fed is like most other banks, they can't give you advance pay if they haven't yet seen him get paid from anywhere.
    I could believe those pay dates if it wasn't for 2 things, (1) when he EAS'd from the Corps, his last day of active duty was June 4, 2011 and on June 15th, he got paid for the 4 days of the month. That kind of makes the whole June 15th counts for May 16-31 untrue, and (2) because the Army recruiters said (and this was a few days before Andrew left), that he should get paid on June 15th (of 2012), but if they missed that check, he'd get backpaid on the July 1st check...so...conflicting information...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast