Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Nervous - LOR

1. Regular Member
    Him: Basic Training, Lackland AFB Me: Northern NJ

Nervous - LOR

Advertisements
    So I just talked to DH and we're a little worried. He's been in med-hold at BMT for almost a month now and he's been doing well. But today was really bad. He was taking a CLEP test and was chewed out by an MTI for drinking a soda while taking the test. DH was confused b/c he had been told by either another MTI or some kind of staff member that airmen were allowed to use the vending machines if they're taking CLEP tests. Now they said they're going to issue a letter of reprimand! I looked up the consequences of an LOR. I'm finding a mix info ranging from it's serious to it's not that big of a deal. He's 5 days away from his medical re-evaluation! Is this going to hurt him now (he's supposed to go back into Week 4 of training) or in the future? Will it go away, as I have read on some sites? I'd appreciate any info from anyone who has experience w/ this issue. Thank you.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
  2. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

It's hard to say w/out being there. I could tell you x, y and z but that would mean nothing for his circumstances.

An LOR can follow an LOC, meaning he'd been counseled before. However, if the offense was a direct violation, then the LOR could be the first tool used.

As for his evaluation, I have no clue how this will be used, or not.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I agree with Mimi90... it could go a lot of ways depending on if he had prior reprimands. Unfortunately for some, who you know still applies to a lot of situations like this, so if he has any higher-ups that like him, he could always go to them for advice and they might intervene. DH has had several interventions over silly misunderstandings that some people who took their job a little too seriously have caused. If he is a good airman though, it'll probably blow over. Hoping for the best for you!
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Also, I dk how the Navy differs from the Air Force when it comes to this, but generally unless it is a serious offense, things that happen in training schools are usually overlooked and may not even make it into his "official" record. Navy training commands keep certain records that never transfer with the sailor.
  5. Regular Member
    Him: Basic Training, Lackland AFB Me: Northern NJ
    Thanks everyone. He was well-liked in his TRS before he went to med-hold. He was one of just a couple getting special privileges like extra phone calls. He's still doing fine in med-hold -- he just gets ragged on b/c he's a walking target with that bright blue cast on his wrist. The MTI's call him "one-arm." Oh what imaginations they have. I'm really hoping it was just a threat to scare him for a couple days, or that the MTI will consult others and it'll blow over like Shoestrings said. The worst part is that he was told by someone in authority that he was allowed to do it, then gets in trouble. He's so frustrated : (

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
  6. Senior Member

Im betting the MTI said that to scare him. If he hasnt been in trouble before then giving an LOR first it not corrrect. Also he will be able to write a rebuttal for it. I wouldnt stress it and if he gets one it should go away before he gets to tech school.

I have never heard of someone getting paperwork in Basic other than 341s.
  7. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Krislynndez View Post
    Thanks everyone. He was well-liked in his TRS before he went to med-hold. He was one of just a couple getting special privileges like extra phone calls. He's still doing fine in med-hold -- he just gets ragged on b/c he's a walking target with that bright blue cast on his wrist. The MTI's call him "one-arm." Oh what imaginations they have. I'm really hoping it was just a threat to scare him for a couple days, or that the MTI will consult others and it'll blow over like Shoestrings said. The worst part is that he was told by someone in authority that he was allowed to do it, then gets in trouble. He's so frustrated : (

Med hold can be the 3rd circle of hell. Hopefully he escapes soon.