Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm really confused...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Help I'm really confused...

Advertisements
    So...most of you have seen the post about me and DG...that we are over.

Well, we kinda are, it's still not official. And as I posted before, there were multiple reasons for her wanting to leave me.
    One of them was because of her ex, telling her that I kept her address at Basic from him, when I never did such a thing.

The second reason, was because she told me I was too obsessive.
    She said that buying the custom t-shirts, dog tags, and panties, etc. She said it was too much. She said that she hated the fact that I had put "Army Wife" on them because we were: "...not at that level" in our relationship.

But my Mother called me this morning and told me that DG had been mailing her to pick up my engagement ring
    So how does that make any sense?!

Insight please?
    "Love is just a chemical, we give it meaning by choice"---Eleanor Lamb (Bioshock2)
    " I feel like a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything. Maybe we're from the same star." ---Emery Allen
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I'd be just as confused as you OP, I have no advice for you but I wish I did.

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BmrsG View Post
    I'd be just as confused as you OP, I have no advice for you but I wish I did.
    Yeah...I'm wondering if I should tell her about the ring...that I know about it. And whether I should tell her just to forget about the whole thing.
    "Love is just a chemical, we give it meaning by choice"---Eleanor Lamb (Bioshock2)
    " I feel like a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything. Maybe we're from the same star." ---Emery Allen
  4. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry things are so confusing for you.

5. Certified G
    Certified G
    Sounds like maybe she's second guessing herself to me. Maybe the reality of physically seeing "Army Wife" pushed her to become unsure.

Did you know about the engagement ring?

ETA: Just re-read and saw you weren't supposed to know about the ring. I definitely thinks its just a second guessing thing. Give her some time, she'll either move past her jitters or let them take charge, but I think giving some cooling off time would be best.
  6. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Maybe she is just second guessing things and needs time to figure it all out before she takes that next step with you. How long have you two been together?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Element02 View Post
    Yeah...I'm wondering if I should tell her about the ring...that I know about it. And whether I should tell her just to forget about the whole thing.
    I think you should give her some space and just let it lie for at least a few days. She told you part of her reasoning is you're being too obsessive, calling and talking about engagement ring and how you knew about it, etc isn't going to help. I know how hard it is to leave things alone, I'm the same way. But if you want her to reconsider her decision I would give her time to do so without the stress of you. It'll be better for you as well to have a break from the emotions flying at you in the face
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by Element02 View Post
    I wouldn't do this. Ride it out and see what happens. If you aren't 100% sure that she has broken up with you, I would not address the ring or the engagement issue. Just give her some space and I would just go with you all still being together. Until she specifically states that you are no longer together, that you have broken up (and not just taking time or space) then I would just let her breathe and let her work it out. Its probably way stressful for her and just questioning everything.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Honestly, if she is saying that she finds you to be obsessing over you probably should just back off and give her space and take some time to figure out why you're feeling so impulsive about things like the t-shirt and panties and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you get a tattoo of something she drew? Maybe you should take this time to work on yourself and what it means to be in a healthy and mutual relationship.
  10. Senior Member
    it sounds like shes overwhelmed with everything and needs some space
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast