Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I really don't know what to do

1. Senior Member

Sad I really don't know what to do

Advertisements
    Last edited by spazzieabbie; 08-25-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    [CENTER]
  2. Senior Member
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and I know that if DH dragged me out to a city I wasn't from, to be around a bunch of people I didn't know, and dumped at his grandparent's house to go to some party, and told me I didn't have a say in it either way, I'd be LIVID.

Why are you putting up with this?

ETA: Oh yeah, advice. My advice is to have a conversation with your DB and tell him the way he's acting isn't okay. He's not being considerate of your feelings.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The way he's dealing with all of it seems really disrespectful to me. You don't invite your girlfriend to a different city and tell her you're ditching her to go to a party because his friends told him to. WTF is that?
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

That sounds like a LOT of red flags to me. All of a sudden you can't stay with his mom when it was fine before, he's leaving you by yourself rather than bring you around his friends, and he's just basically telling you that his friends don't like you. The name thing is stupid to me, if any of my friends said they didn't like DH because of his name I would be setting them straight rather than just talking to DH about it.
  5. Senior Member
    I am sorry my db friends from back home dont like me :/ kinda sucks cause I have never met them
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    That sounds like a LOT of red flags to me. All of a sudden you can't stay with his mom when it was fine before, he's leaving you by yourself rather than bring you around his friends, and he's just basically telling you that his friends don't like you. The name thing is stupid to me, if any of my friends said they didn't like DH because of his name I would be setting them straight rather than just talking to DH about it.
    This too. It's really strange that things are different all the sudden.

7. Senior Member
    I'd not tolerate going to a party like that if I wasn't invited. If it was a formal event or something, I'd understand, but there is no reason to exclude you from a house party, other than pettiness. And telling me, basically, "I'm going no matter what so STFU" would not fly. If you are his girlfriend, he needs to stand up for you. If he can't do that, then obviously you don't mean much to him. "My girlfriend is going to be here from out of town, so if I come to the party, she comes with me. I really want to see you, but if that is a problem, then I can't make it." It's not difficult. The fact that he won't do that gives you a lot of information about your relationship, if you chose to see it.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and I know that if DH dragged me out to a city I wasn't from, to be around a bunch of people I didn't know, and dumped at his grandparent's house to go to some party, and told me I didn't have a say in it either way, I'd be LIVID.

Why are you putting up with this?
    He said "S has been with me through everything, and she's going off to England and then to Disney World for an internship and won't be back until later. I'm sorry but I'm going if she says she doesn't want you to go. I still want you to come with me, but it's still for a couple hours." Then he got kind of pissy when I got upset. He then said "it will only be a couple of hours, plus you can watch netflix or play diablo or something." ummmmm....really??

He's honestly never acted like this. I think this is his version of a :auntflow because he's out in the desert
    [CENTER]
  9. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    I would be really mad with him. I feel like if they "don't know how they feel about you" its probably because they don't know you. They haven't had a chance to see the kind of person you are. And him not bringing you around them is just going to make that stick around for even longer. If he's on a trip with you to see HIS family, he should be treating you somewhat like a guest, IMO. And you don't ditch a guest to go party. Part of me feels like he is making the trip sound bad to you, for a reason.

OP

love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I'd not tolerate going to a party like that if I wasn't invited. If it was a formal event or something, I'd understand, but there is no reason to exclude you from a house party, other than pettiness. And telling me, basically, "I'm going no matter what so STFU" would not fly. If you are his girlfriend, he needs to stand up for you. If he can't do that, then obviously you don't mean much to him. "My girlfriend is going to be here from out of town, so if I come to the party, she comes with me. I really want to see you, but if that is a problem, then I can't make it." It's not difficult. The fact that he won't do that gives you a lot of information about your relationship, if you chose to see it.
    Apparently her parents are putting it together and it's supposed to be really nice and small. But still, I'm coming from effing eight hours away
    [CENTER]
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast