Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bf deploying for first time, need help

1. Regular Member

bf deploying for first time, need help

Advertisements
    My boyfriend is going to be deploying (on a ship) for the first time soon and i am nervous about not being able to talk to him while hes out on port at like bars and stuff since i will have no idea what hes doing and where he is etc. how do you guys deal with jealousy/trust in these situations? i totally trust him but its other random drunk girls who are gunna be at the bars and stuff that im soo nervous about, and even other girls on the ship with him ya no? advice?
  2. Senior Member
    Db is in afghan land so no bars but neither of us go to a bar/ club without the other but anytime I get jealous he in his southern voice says " baby way can't you get your pretty little head around the fact that I love you and I wanna be with you "

But you just have to trust him and just know god has a plan for your life and if it is ment to be it'll be
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

My advice - if you trust him, it doesn't matter who's at the bars or on the ships. If you know he's always going to do the right thing, it shouldn't make any difference if 0, 10, 100 girls throw themselves at him.

I think the best way to handle it is to have concrete, agreed upon boundaries (for both fo you). Come to an agreement about what is and isn't ok in your relationship, that way you won't have to worry about the "what if's" because you guys will have already settled that ahead of time.
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachgirl View Post
    Db is in afghan land so no bars but neither of us go to a bar/ club without the other but anytime I get jealous he in his southern voice says " baby way can't you get your pretty little head around the fact that I love you and I wanna be with you "

But you just have to trust him and just know god has a plan for your life and if it is ment to be it'll be
    thank you, i appreciate your advice!
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    My advice - if you trust him, it doesn't matter who's at the bars or on the ships. If you know he's always going to do the right thing, it shouldn't make any difference if 0, 10, 100 girls throw themselves at him.

I think the best way to handle it is to have concrete, agreed upon boundaries (for both fo you). Come to an agreement about what is and isn't ok in your relationship, that way you won't have to worry about the "what if's" because you guys will have already settled that ahead of time.
    thank you so much! i appreciate your help
  6. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    If your man is trustworthy, then he's trustworthy. A man who is full committed to you will not cheat even if a drunk chick serves her kitty up on a platter. If he does, you deserve better anyway.

You have to learn to have some faith in him or you will drive yourself nuts.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  7. Senior Member
    But I am here if you wanna talk ever
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    If your man is trustworthy, then he's trustworthy. A man who is full committed to you will not cheat even if a drunk chick serves her kitty up on a platter. If he does, you deserve better anyway.

You have to learn to have some faith in him or you will drive yourself nuts.
    your totally right, i am going to drive myself crazy if i dont have more faith in him. i do trust him and i know that counts for a lot though.
  9. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    My DH once told me, "I'm in control of the situation if a woman throws herself at me. It's my decision." Hearing him say that cured all of my insecurities. You just have to trust your man enough to know that he'll do the right thing. And, it shouldn't matter what any other girl says or does.

Johanna is my wifey!
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 907Kim View Post
    My DH once told me, "I'm in control of the situation if a woman throws herself at me. It's my decision." Hearing him say that cured all of my insecurities. You just have to trust your man enough to know that he'll do the right thing. And, it shouldn't matter what any other girl says or does.
    thank you!! its nice knowing that other people can relate to my insecurity. i know he will do the right thing.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast