Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I let this get to me?

1. A US Marine has my heart.
    A US Marine has my heart.

Suspicious Should I let this get to me?

Advertisements
    DHs sister, mother and aunt seem to be close to his one ex 'S' and I absolutely HATE. Like to close to her to be comfortable with it. She tried to break DH and i up multiple times but i put a end to that and she is just honestly freakin crazy!

When DH & I got together we decided to tell each other everything about past relationships. He told me that 'S' practically raped him before he even registered wth was happening and she ended up pregnant. 'S' miscarried which is of course horrible but I couldn't help but feel relieved when he told me. She also bought herself a ring that looked like a engagement ring and was saying they were engaged when he in reality broke up with her.

My MIL always hangs out with her which is just weird. When my MIL was here in Cali visiting she felt the need to tell DH that 'S' is getting married like it really mattered. He said he could care less that he can't stand her. His mother legitimately got mad. And my SIL is now all of a sudden calling 'S' her sister? When i move back to Ohio for this deployment I'll be living with my MIL and i do NOT want 'S' any where near my daughter. I don't know if i am just being stupid about it but its just awkward that they are so close to her. It's like if my family were close to an ex of mine and always saying things about him. Should i just let it go? Or what...?
  2. Senior Member
    I would suggest you let it go and understand that if you are moving there, that there may be a strong possibility that you will have to see this ex. If you don't like that, then don't live there. You can not control who, when, and where your mil and sil see her or talk about her.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  3. Senior Member
    Has your husband told his family that he is uncomfortable with their relationship? This seems like something he should deal with as it's his family.
  4. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

I might be rethinking the move there. If they are so friendly with the ex, even after your Dh told them he doesn't care for her anymore...well you cN't dictate who they have contact with.
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    I might be rethinking the move there. If they are so friendly with the ex, even after your Dh told them he doesn't care for her anymore...well you cN't dictate who they have contact with.
    This.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    If the situation was that uncomfortable from a distance I would not move and be living in their home where they have the right to have whomever they want there.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  7. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    I'm in this camp. I'd stay put and take care of myself rather than have to deal with that.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  8. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Exactly.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I would let it go. You're DH doesn't have anything to do with her but you can't control his family, unfortunately. Sorry you have to deal with that though.
  10. Banned
    Banned

No way would I would move in with them. Not only for the possibility you would see S but the factor seems too significant.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast