Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Random Question - Boot Camp Related

1. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I enjoy messing with people ;)

Random Question - Boot Camp Related

Advertisements
    My DF's in OSUT at Fort Leonard Wood right now. His DS's have their ups and downs of course, but he learned that they're pretty much cool with packages, so he told me to go ahead and send him anything if I want.

So, every night he writes to me for about an hour and apparently reads letters too, all with his flashlight during lights out. He has one of those cheap surplus-store, L-shaped green flashlights, and he burned out a bulb already of course They come with a spare, so he's good for another couple of weeks, but he asked me to buy him some new bulbs.

I don't really know what bulbs they are, but I'm sure I could take my identical flashlight to home depot and find out. However, I think it would be smarter for me to just send him a better flashlight... I have a ton of them lying around for "emergency purposes", the LED ones would last years without burning a bulb and also save on battery.

Do you think the DS's would notice if he had a different flashlight? Would they take it away, etc, or is it one of those things that just doesn't really matter? I'm asking him about it, but I don't want to wait another week to send it out TIA!
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

"You mean every little bitty thing, and every super huge thing to me."
  2. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Shameless (:
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

"You mean every little bitty thing, and every super huge thing to me."