Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accepting a present from an ex

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

Question Accepting a present from an ex

Advertisements
    So I just got a text from my ex saying he wants me to give him my address so he can mail me a gift. I'm not sure what to do.
    Some facts:
    It's my birthday soon, so I am assuming it's a b-day present
    My ex and I are on friendly terms but we don't hang out or talk on the phone or anything like that. I haven't given him anything since we broke up.
    He says its nothing special and it's small and I can throw it away if I don't like it.
    DF knows I occasionally talk to my ex, and doesn't care. I'm not sure how he'd feel about accepting a gift.

Right now I kind of feel like I should just tell him my address because I am curious and I CAN always just throw it away.
    What do you all think?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Senior Member
    How long have you two been broken up and how long did you date? Was it a serious thing?

I think I'd ask your DF what he thought about the situation before you give him your address. I always try to look on the flip side of things, and I'm not sure I would be ok with DH getting a gift (no matter how small) from an ex-girlfriend of his.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    I wouldn't accept it. Personally, I think that it is just asking for trouble.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I don't know. It seems like a nice gesture but sounds like it could introduce complications. I personally wouldn't accept it.
  5. ...
    I wouldn't accept it. Like the others have said it can open the door to trouble.
  6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Since y'all don't talk often or anything like that, I wouldn't accept it.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  7. Senior Member
    I don't think I would accept it. If I was in a relationship with somebody and they got a gift from an ex, I would be insanely jealous and livid. Irrational yes, but sometimes feelings don't make sense.
  8. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    If it were me, I would tell DH and wouldn't accept it, unless he told me to. Sometimes DH's curiosity is worse then my own lol
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
  9. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Sounds like trouble.
  10. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    How long have you two been broken up and how long did you date? Was it a serious thing?

I think I'd ask your DF what he thought about the situation before you give him your address. I always try to look on the flip side of things, and I'm not sure I would be ok with DH getting a gift (no matter how small) from an ex-girlfriend of his.
    We've been broken up 2.5 years.We were together over 6 years. Things ended pretty badly but we became friendly because of mutual-friends after a bit of bitterness. We haven't actually seen each other since we broke up but he did watch my cats for me for a while when I was away visiting DF once.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast