Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Care package from abroad?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Care package from abroad?

Advertisements
    Hello!

DB is getting deployed soon (first Navy deployment) and has been dropping "subtle" hints about care packages. Only problem is I'm overseas for grad school, so sending things myself via US post is a bit difficult. I can order things online, however. Do you have any recommendations for sites or particular items sailors need in your experience?

It looks like I can send things through amazon.com - has anyone done this? Did it get to the FPO ok?

Thanks!
  2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

DH ordered and I sent things to him from Amazon for the entire deployment. It was a slow process and took weeks to sometimes a few months to get to him but it worked out ok.

Amazon worked really well for us. We got the Amazon Prime membership since we were ordering so much stuff from there we got free shipping on most stuff.
  3. Senior Member
    My husband also ordered from Amazon while he was deployed and had no problems with it.
  4. Senior Member
    Not sure if this helps, but I live in Germany and have no problems sending packages to my girlfriend who's in Afghanistan. I guess it depends in which country you are, but I think if they have a US post there somewhere, it should be easy to send things. (Though, she is army, not sure if that makes a difference)
  5. Senior Member
    Me: Germany - Him: other side of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Not sure if this helps, but I live in Germany and have no problems sending packages to my girlfriend who's in Afghanistan. I guess it depends in which country you are, but I think if they have a US post there somewhere, it should be easy to send things. (Though, she is army, not sure if that makes a difference)
    I was about to say the same htings. I sent DB plenty of CPs and he always got them And I know people in the Netherlands, UK and other overseas countries who didn't have trouble sending CPs either. They don't have to be sent through US Post, I sent them through the German Postal Service. Even if you sent them to a base in Afghanistan you put USA on it and as soon as it gets into the US mail system they'll take care of getting it to your DB's base.

If you got any questions feel free to PM me.
    PCS time is getting closer. Let our Europe adventures begin!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiedust View Post
    I was about to say the same htings. I sent DB plenty of CPs and he always got them And I know people in the Netherlands, UK and other overseas countries who didn't have trouble sending CPs either. They don't have to be sent through US Post, I sent them through the German Postal Service. Even if you sent them to a base in Afghanistan you put USA on it and as soon as it gets into the US mail system they'll take care of getting it to your DB's base.

If you got any questions feel free to PM me.
    Yep, I always just put the APO address on it and added 'US field mail", only in German. Never even put USA on there (they also never went to the US first, always straight to Afghanistan). The mail service usually know what to do with it. Always got there without any problems.