Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help for a friend.

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Help for a friend.

Advertisements
    my friends last ex broke up with her awhile ago because she doesnt believe in God. She's 'talking' to a new guy, and he recently brought up religion, and asked If she considered herself a Christian and If she goes to church. how can she avoid this topic? or what can she say so his opinion doesn't change about her? she really likes him and Id hate to see him stop talking to her because she's not religious. Oh and yes this new guy is very religious, and goes to Church every Sunday, etc.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    He'll be more upset if she omits the truth or lies and they do enter a relationship.

I would be honest.
  3. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Honestly, it's something that should be discussed to begin with. Things like that can be deal breakers for some people and IMO it's always good to start a relationship off with respect and honesty. What would happen if he found out later down the road and decided he just can't be with someone who doesn't share those same views? It would hurt so much worse.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    she just texted me again and said he asked her this;

"Ok. Do you think Jesus was a real guy? Was telling the truth? Or the bible tells the truth?"
  5. Senior Member
    She just has to be honest if she really likes him. If it were to come out later in the relationship she might find her in the same position as her last ex.

Without knowing how she feels about religion, church, and God I can't really give advice on ways for her to word how she feels

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  6. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.

It's not something she will be able to really avoid if he's THAT into going to church. Then if he's already bringing it up then it's important to him. For some people they just can't date someone that doesn't have the same beliefs they do. She should just be honest because no point in trying to cover it up, because it WILL come out with him being that devoted to the church.

She needs someone that likes her for who she is all the way down to what she believes in. She shouldn't have to cover up or change a part of what/who she is for ANYONE. (Not if she wants a lasting relationship where she is content and happy at least...)
    Signature removed due to size.
  7. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

I still say she should just be honest with exactly how she feels. Why hide who you are? If you want someone to really like you then you need to be you and not what you think they want you to be.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by *Caraa View Post
    Ok she just texted me again and said he asked her this;

"Ok. Do you think Jesus was a real guy? Was telling the truth? Or the bible tells the truth?"

what does she say to that?
    "I don't feel comfortable discussing that as I am not a Christian. I would not want to disrespect your beliefs."
  9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    She needs to be honest with him! Nobody else can tell her how she should answer those questions. Religion is very important to some people, and it may be hard for some to look past that, especially when it pertains to raising future children.
  10. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    "I don't feel comfortable discussing that as I am not a Christian. I would not want to disrespect your beliefs."
    This would be a good response.
    Signature removed due to size.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast