Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just don't like her.

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I just don't like her.

Advertisements
    So while we are in Missouri, we are around all of dh's family, which is really not that big of a deal. I like and feel comfortable around most all of them. Except his Grandma. She makes me uncomfortable, gives tons of really bad unsolicited parenting advice, and has no respect for my personal space. Other than my husband, she is the only one who has just reached out and touched my belly, which is a no go.
    Last time we were at her house she made some really rude comments about my lack of taking care of my husbands and baby.

Wellll today dh wants to go see her before she goes to her other house (they own two houses and they live here in town every other week) and I just dont want to go. I am already cranky and uncomfortable, and don't need any one making me feel even worse.

At the same time I feel awful trying to keep my distance because it would in turn keep dh from continuing a relationship with his grandma. I am just stuck in a bad place, with no clue what to do next.
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I just wouldn't go. If your DH wants to go see her then he can go alone. Like you said, they live in town every other week so it's not like she's going away for good. You don't need that sort of stress right now.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    Don't go and tell your DH to say you're not feeling well if anybody asks. You're giving birth in like a week, I'd say that's a perfectly acceptable reason to not feel up to socializing.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ughh now I feel like a tool. I refused to go.... It was a suprise baby shower
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    Yeah, that sucks. Did you end up going over after you found out?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Eeek. Hugs mama. There was no way you could have known that. However, maybe this will open the door to be a bit more accepting of a stubborn old lady? I butt heads with my grandmother sometimes, but she's older and grew up in a very different world, so I respect her and bite my tongue, smile and nod.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  7. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Try not to feel too bad. IMO, at basically 39 weeks, who really expects a baby shower?

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  8. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    My advice was going to be go. She's part of the family that you are going to have to deal with, unless you just never go around them anymore. Maybe you could just kindly ask her not to touch your stomach. If you don't say anything, she won't know it bothers you.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Yeah, that sucks. Did you end up going over after you found out?
    Yea I went. Glad I did. Kind of awkward, but I got to meet family I have not met before.
    Plus presents. All in all it was not near as bad as it could have been
  10. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    If he wanted to surprise you, he should have picked a relative that didn't make you super uncomforable. It's okay.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast