Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Newbie Navy Girlfriend Needs Help

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Newbie Navy Girlfriend Needs Help

Advertisements
    Hey! I am a Navy girlfriend who recently moved close to base to be with my boyfriend. I am having a really hard time meeting people because it is an Army base and there seems to be no Navy people around. Any advice on how to go about meeting other women around here? He is busy during the day and I am losing my mind in boredom sitting around all day!
  2. Senior Member
    Well you could do volunteer work or get a job. Maybe even going back to school would help you make a few friends. If you have children, joining a mommy group would also help you meet people.
  3. Regular Member
    When I lost my job and had nothing to do, I volunteered and got a part time job. Both those things really helped a lot. I think volunteering is a great way to start. I made dinner and lunch for the homeless in my city, perhaps you could volunteer at a school or an old folks home. Do something where you can socialize with people, they don`t have to your age or people you would be friends with, just someone you enjoy spending time around. Joining a church or religious organization (if you`re religious or even semi-religious) is a great way to get involved. There are probably some wife or spouse groups too associated with the base you might be able to take part in. So many options. Join a sports team, that is also a great way to meet people.
  4. Always together no matter the distance <3.
    Always together no matter the distance <3.
    navy girlfriend here as well! To keep myself busy I am a full time student and have two puppies that keep my busy more than anything. I also have a gym membership, this keeps me busy as well.

If you need to talk pm

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My DH is also in the Navy. Best advice I can give is keep yourself happy and friends will come. Do volunteer work, get a job, go to school, the gym, etc. etc. Whatever it takes
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amber_marie View Post
    Hey! I am a Navy girlfriend who recently moved close to base to be with my boyfriend. I am having a really hard time meeting people because it is an Army base and there seems to be no Navy people around. Any advice on how to go about meeting other women around here? He is busy during the day and I am losing my mind in boredom sitting around all day!
    You donít have to only meet Navy people. I'm sure there are plenty of nice Army people as well as civilians around.

I also wouldn't sit around all day. Get a job, volunteer, etc. Get out of the house.